What are you listening to right now?

(Allowed in this thread isn’t only music. For example you can post the sound of a printer if you just stand in front of that machine :wink: .)

1 Like

My printer actually comes with an amazingly high quality speaker. It’s almost a pity I can’t stream audio to it.

(I mean, it’s sitting right next to my proper Yamaha receiver so it’d be utterly pointless and stupid but also just silly fun.)

3 Likes

So you are listening regularly to your printer? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I think so, yes. Wait, I’ll record it.

2 Likes

The sound of cat biscuits being eaten from a ceramic bowl.

*crunch crunch tink!* *crunch crunch tink!* *tinkle dink dink!* (she dropped one)

5 Likes

That reminds me, I’ll share another recording of Nushi.

Anyway, first to see if this printer recording is at all usable…

3 Likes

Pics Audio or it didn’t happened! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh I see, I’ve just realised the idea is to post the sound. That could be fun if we did it without saying what it is, heheh.

2 Likes

No, you can describe it - you can’t record a sound in several situations. But posting a sound or the music would be the best. :slight_smile: Because as you wrote …

… Exactly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes
4 Likes

It doesn’t really come out that well on the recording (remember, €500 gets you an old t-shirt and a cassette tape with a recording of my voice), but there’s the turning on chime, a few tapping on the screen clicks and the goodbye sound.

I carefully selected this specific printer model, but the high quality audio it produced was a big surprise. I didn’t expect it to produce any, or at most some kind of piezoelectric single-tone beep thingy.

5 Likes

I love Far Cry!

2 Likes

@tasse-tee’s Celine Dion somehow made me want to listen to the Phantom of the Opera:

3 Likes

It’s a really communicative printer. :wink: I have to admit that I’ve never payed attention to the noises of my printer … (Compared to the matrix printers in the 80s he is very silent… :wink: )

1 Like

It’s a pity you can’t play the chimes in isolation. In real life you can clearly hear how good the speaker sounds but the physical printer noises hide it much better on the recording.

It’s possible that the noises it makes were tailored to the speaker, but in theory it sounds like it’s no worse than the speakers on my phone or laptop. The truly amazing part is that it might even be better.

Edit: oh, I forgot, that’s the Brother DCP-9020CDW. I absolutely adore the ADF feature. In retrospect it’s scary to think I almost opted to save €15 or so to get a model without.

1 Like

There’s nothing about the speaker in the specs either. Just noise levels related to physical operation.

It also fails to mention that the ADF part of scanning/copying is actually much louder than the scanner part.

Yes, I like that feature on my printer too. :slight_smile:

Open the case and connect the speaker to an amp. :wink:

That has to be. That’s manly!

1 Like

The before-last xkcd was about that:

tl;dr I’ll do it in a decade or two before throwing it out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Back on topic:

1 Like

Oh you mean like I recorded the raindrops on my window once? Yeah, I´ll try do that. My PC is making annyoing sounds.

1 Like