The 2018 what are we playing thread

What about the Europe of peace?

(btw: Itā€™s interesting to see a lot of people (over) react these days if you just throw in a name of a politician - and how they only see black and white. Uhm. I donā€™t wanted to step into a political discussion. :wink: So quickly back on-topic ā€¦ )

Which post?

The story is extremely weird and IMHO illogical, the graphics are too ā€œchildishā€ and naive (to form its own style), the puzzles are either too easy or too hard and partly not connected to the story.

But as it is a free game you should try it yourself - maybe you like ist. :slight_smile:

Yep. :slight_smile:

Is this a browser only text adventure and free to play? Looks interestingā€¦

At least I hope you know me well enough by now to be able to tell I was joking when I claimed who I vote for and what I consider this country to be. :open_mouth:

The one earlier in the thread that weĀ“re supposed to keep editing throughout the year.

Ah, got it! Please report how more scary the VR versions are. :slight_smile:

I will, I canĀ“t wait to try Resident Evil (which I already enjoyed a lot in 2D) in VR!

1 Like

Really like how the art looks in this one http://store.steampowered.com/app/581360/FoxTail/

3 Likes

Me too :slight_smile:

You know the cool thing is, I can even play Thimbleweed Park with my VR Headset on, but itĀ“s more like playing it in a really empty and dark movie theater. Whichā€¦is also kinda nice. :slight_smile:

How does that work then? Is it like youā€™re looking at it in a big room?

Not quite, itĀ“s basically the screen that seems wider and bigger than the tv and when you look away from it everything is black, but you can push a button so itĀ“s in front if you meaning you could also play it laying on your back.

Thatā€™s quite nice. Though do you use a controller? I wouldnā€™t want arm ache.

Playing on the Playstation 4, so of course I am. :slight_smile:

IĀ“ll be getting those move controllers later down the road too that make me feel like wielding a real sword and holding a real shield in some games. :slight_smile:

Testosterone ahoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ha, I havenĀ“t even said anything about guns. :grin:

I hope they are big! And ā€¦ ehrm ā€¦

Estrogen ahoy!

3 Likes

At the moment IĀ“m in the second playthrough of Resident Evil Biohazard which is my first VR Playthrough of the game. ItĀ“s really a whole new way of playing. I love the way you can peek around corners or stand up to check a shelf or put your head down to look into a hole in the floor.

Is it more scary? Or is it just a different way of playing?

Well I can certainly say I jumped a few times but I canĀ“t really say if it felt any different than when I did playing it old school. When something comes straight flying towards me my brain tells my reflexes to cover my face with my hand, thatĀ“s interesting. When IĀ“m in a confined tight space I feel uncomfortable even if I know IĀ“m actually in a large room. You find yourself gasping for air even if you donĀ“t need to. So itĀ“s more the little things I would say.

Did you guys know there are already VR Point n Click Adventure Games?

Wayward Sky is a ā€œlook and clickā€ third person adventure game where you direct your playing figure while ā€œstanding insideā€ a giant playset in the clouds(you basically feel like a giant direction these little people). You direct your character by pointing your fingers and starting interactions that result in close ups of little puzzle mini games.

I played the demo and had good fun and hopes for the future that other people use this technique in more advanced ways.

4 Likes

I must say that I am enjoying ā€œthe last door - Season 2 collectorā€™s editionā€ very much.

I say season 2 because season 1 does not work with reshade, so I canā€™t enable the huge gaussian blur I need so my brain imagines details that arenā€™t there.

If I enable the filter, the atmosphere is just perfect.

2 Likes