The Ace Attorney thread (hints and impressions)

Oh, I didn’t mean that by all. :stuck_out_tongue:

If the game was set using birds…

:smiley:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ve started the first part of the trial now. And I’m stuck.

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken, do you happen to remember anything about this guy? More specifically, the suspicious twitch he has during this part of his testimony? The game seems to be telling me it’s this part that’s important, but I can’t spot any twitches!

twitchy

Gosh, Apollo Justice is the first Ace Attorney I played, back about a decade ago on my DS. You’ll have to give me a little more context than just a picture. :wink:

1 Like

Oki dokes :grin:

It’s the trial for the murder of Drew the painter, who died from poison on his coffee mug. From the first investigation we discovered that Drew has been making forgeries of paintings, but that fact is not widely known yet.

Before the statement in the screenshot above, the witness was talking about an interview he managed to get for a certain trial from seven years ago - he won’t say which one it was. This statement is at the end of his testimony, and seems to be an isolated comment, not linked to the things he’s said before. After I press him about this statement, he gets very nervous. Apollo notices this and decides there must be something to Perceive here. Ironically, for a guy who is usually very twitchy anyway, I can’t see any twitches at all when the witness is making this statement. (I checked all the other ones too.)

Eheh this one is really hard!!!
You have to perceive carefully at his armpits

2 Likes

Haha, I never thought to look there!! :joy:
Thanks!

What system is that you play on?

Nintendo 3DS. Also available on iOS and Android :smiley:

3 Likes

For Ace Attorney fans, you know… all the games have been translated, except one (well, two now): Dai Gyakuten Saiban… or, in English, The Great Ace Attorney.

It’s a news of a few days ago that a group has hacked unofficially translated that Japanese game, changing not only the texts, even the game graphics.
There are 2 ways to play it, in non-japanese countries.

Solution 1 – Physical cartridge and real 3DS

One solution to play this game, is to own a Nintendo 3DS, get an original game cartridge, install a CFW (custom firmware), follow the instructions to apply the English patch, cross fingers and play.

If you like to follow this path, click here for full instructions:

Solution 2 – Using an emulator

If you don’t own a 3DS, or don’t want to risk to brick your console by installing a custom firmware, or can’t purchase the Japaneset cartridge, there is a “B” plan: using the emulator.
Yes, you have read correctly: there IS a working emulator for the Nintendo 3DS!
All you need to do is to download and install the emulator (For Windows 64bit, Mac or Linux), download the Japanese game rom (decrypted), download the patch and apply it via the emulator.
The emulation is not 100% accurate, but very very good (it may be slow in certain points).
If you like to follow this path, click this link for instructions:
https://www.ziperto.com/dai-gyakuten-saiban-naruhodo-ryunosuke-no-boken-english-patched-2-4-0/

Enjoy!!

3 Likes

From How Scarlet Study Localized the "Impossible" Dai Gyakuten Saiban, Part 2 | GameLuster

TotallyTheJiffyBot: Failure dialogue too, but I can’t really ask players to lose on purpose. Some of Zieks’ roasts when you mis-present are really good.

I do, actually. It’s like purposefully avoiding the correct answer in Monkey Island.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought these games looked interesting. Aren’t they making a collection of the whole series for Switch soon?

Indeed. Nintendo is planning to remake the whole series on Switch.

2 Likes

Same for me. I select the “wrong” answer, then usually the game goes forward anyway without any consequences. Otherwise, I’ll load the game from a recent save.

Ah, well then I better grab that when I can so I can enjoy the whole experience!

UPDATE:
The Scarlet Study group has released the patch for Android, too!
You must purchase the original game from Google play Japan only, then install IrisMobile to apply the English translation patch.
All the instructions can be found here:

1 Like

Hi Zak!
I preordered the trilogy on Xbox One X.
Release date is April 9th.
Really looking forward to playing it.
Will be in English first. German and French translation will be delivered by patch soon.

Glad to read that!
I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

The original trilogy has just been released on the Switch! :tada: :tada: :tada:

In August they will add French and German translations. Hey… maybe I could play one game in each language… just kidding that would be waaaaaay too difficult! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes