The Ace Attorney thread (hints and impressions)

:rofl:.

But now that you mention it, some more of the details do come back. Especially me thinking that amnesia is a convenient plot device to shove in a tutorial for those people that hadn’t played part one (or already forgotten they did :innocent:).

I missed the track that played during cross-examination in part one. That was a lot more catchy than its replacement. Wonder why it was changed at all.

3 Likes

I think it was changed to fit in better with the other new courtroom tracks. I can’t quite explain it, but they somehow feel “lighter” than in the first game - not in mood, but musically. And I can concentrate better with that new track than the original, which had that one note that repeats itself a lot - when I got stuck I often had to mute it :sweat_smile:

I can say, too, that game 2 (justice for all) is the worst one compared to the others (Phoenix Wright and trials&tribulations).
Anyway, the case of the circus was nice.
The best game of the trilogy is Trials & Tribulations, so…
Take a deep breath, and shout:
tenor

2 Likes

You foolish fool!

3 Likes

2 Likes

@kaiman Well that certainly looks different. :thinking:

The graphics are so sharp they’re hurting my eyes :crazy_face:

Am I the only one who played Ace Attorney in a Nintendo DS, at the standard resolution of 256 x 192 ??

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken I think I’ve made it clear that I played all the games on DS that I could? :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are mostly crisp like that (and even higher res), except for the long shot of the court room. In that, the characters are pretty blurry for no apparent reason. Same goes for some decorations, like signs, posters or pictures present in certain locations.

I would argue that compared to the screen size, the resolution isn’t really that different. But yeah, I missed the opportunity to play at least two of the games on the DS when I had the chance. I only played stuff like Hotel Dusk or Last Window and of course Chrono Trigger!

But honestly, I’m fairly glad I didn’t play them back then. Not because of the graphics, but because right now they’re the best yet-to-play items in my games library :slight_smile:. Though only one of them left now …

2 Likes

Nope. I’ve played only all the original handheld games. (Or close enough to it, seeing as the original Japanese AA came out on GBA.) I’ve never been interested in playing the remakes/remasters… As @tasse-tee said, the sharpness of the new graphics is just jarring for me.

1 Like

The Super Nintendo game?

Didn’t bother me in the post-DS versions. :slight_smile: But it might be weird on the GBA/DS versions.

The very same, or at least its DS remake. Definitely beat playing it on an SNES emulator :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just too wedded to whatever version of a game I played first :slight_smile: Though I really, really did try giving the PS remakes of FF6 and ChronoTrigger a chance. Unfortunately in those cases, the loading times more than the graphics drove me nuts. (Of course, the graphics were not much different from the original SNES versions, so it probably doesn’t count. :slight_smile: )

The first three. The first was a bit odd in the way it retconned a fairly significant event that should have been brought up by the other games, but at least it didn’t resort to amnesia to make the tutorial part plausible :slight_smile:.

The other two cases so far were really good (except for the music that played in the tech company, which had been fitting for the Hotti Clinic, but felt quite out of place in a less crazy environment).

I’ve started the 4th case, but with what was eluded to at the beginning of the game, I’m sort of wondering how that will play out. To tell the truth, I’m a bit at a loss during the first cross-examination, which is the reason why I’ve taken a break. Hope I’ll see things clearer when I come back with a fresher mind.

1 Like

That’s one of the best cases.
I liked Godot a lot!

1 Like

He’s such a fun character. His coffee consumption has me worried, though :smile:.

1 Like

So I eventually completed case #4 (short, but pretty tough) and am well into case #5 now. And all I can say is “wow!”. I begin to see why @ZakPhoenixMcKracken considers the third to be the best part of the trilogy.

1 Like

The third one is with all the medium shenanigans? Yeah, that’s a good one. Apollo’s great too.

Yes, a very twisty plot with many… turnabouts :slight_smile:
The fifth case of the third game starts with the murder near this statue: