The (adventure) games on sale thread

Well, if you’d give even $1 or a dime per game, it would also be too expensive. With this overflood of games, you can rest assured you indeed won’t even look at most of the things in there, so it would be no different than scrolling by them in the browser instead of in your library.
I always wanted that guide to classic adventure games, so I am getting that for almost 50% off now and will consider all the rest as copied games you had on the C64 back when. Free, but no time to even go through them.

4 Likes

Now, I do wonder if all these 1300+ creators will start spamming my inbox with update emails and so on…

In the end, I guess it boils down to whom to support: Charity or indie game developers.

It’s true that I would not consider getting the vast majority of the games in the bundle, so it won’t make a difference to those devs. But grabbing a brand new game like Signs of the Sojourner, with a regular price tag of $20 for “free” somewhat bugs me.

Maybe the image of a (metaphorically) starving indie game dev is being easier to grasp for me than the nebulous issue of racism, even though latter affects millions upon millions of individuals. Then again, laying it down like this, there’s also no doubt about what’s the worthier cause to support.

I guess that settles it, then. I’ll just ignore that tiny voice that continues screaming "but you could donate and buy the games!". :hear_no_evil:

Everyone who is going to buy the bundle should keep in mind, that the bundle contains a lot of tools, game assets and RPG books.

But the developers support explicitly the bundle - no one forced them to include their games into the bundle. So it’s Ok for them if you grab the game. And you can spend more money if you like.

I for myself agree 100% with @Sushi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Luna: The Shadow Dust is on sale until June 19. I am contemplating it.
EDIT: This forum offers some strange badges. “First Onebox”?? :laughing:

2 Likes

I played it earlier this year, and while I wasn’t entirely sold on it, visually and artistically it’s a treat :slight_smile:.

1 Like

What’s that? You mean like posting a link with special support of some sort like Steam?

Edit: ah, I have that badge too.

Also on Gog:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

@nihilquest already suggested that a week ago. It’s using a bit of weird palette, but it sounds like it could be something I might enjoy.

A couple more entries I’ve unearthed:

Now of those I’ve already played One Night Stand, in an early version released for some game jam a while ago. It’s short, but with over 10 possible endings it can be played a couple of times. It basically has you wake up after the titular escapade, with no recollection of what went down, and then make your way out of that awkward situation. The art style with the wiggly character outlines reminded me a lot of that from Hotel Dusk.

Silk is quite interesting in that it is made in the style of Lords of Midnight and its sequel Doomdark’s Revenge. (Both available on GOG, btw.). I’ve only read about those and never actually played them, but they do sound like they are pretty unique experiences, and such should be Silk.

3 Likes

I got the bundle and I can’t remember what convinced me but I’m sure I had a good reason (uh…).
@kaiman, no it doesn’t overflow your stuff. You just pick what you want from the bundle and it goes to purchases. You can add more stuff whenever you want.
If anyone else bought it, this page is useful. It can show random games from the bundle, but also has filters, including adventure. Obviously people don’t know what adventure game is nowadays so it’s not a precise tool : )

3 Likes

Thank you for the link! I really missed a filter. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Somewhat tempting for the final season of Walking Dead and the Oxenfree soundtrack.

1 Like

Ahem … don’t forget the wonderful Heaven’s Vault :slight_smile:. Haven’t seen that on sale below €13,50 either, so even if you’d ignore everything else from the bundle it would still be a bargain.

1 Like

I wasn’t forgetting it, although in a way I was. I thought I’d bought it a while back but I guess I only wishlisted it. If you haven’t picked up or played most of the games in this bundle I should add it’s a no-brainer. But for me it’s just a minor reduction plus some negatives (i.e., Steam). :slight_smile:

I highly recommend Oxenfree, Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead, in that order. Walking Dead is weaker but older. Batman’s good fun too.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d likely take Heaven’s Vault (again) if only it was DRM free. I rushed to get it on release day, so I had to resort to Steam. I’m still waiting for a more radical price drop of the GOG version to rectify this blunder, but at least I got hold of the soundtrack on CD :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

20th anniversary bundle of games by Double Fine on Humble Bundle, a lot of them include DRM-free versions (although for some strange reasons Amnesia Fortnight are Steam only?):

2 Likes

Infamous Quests is selling Quest for Infamy and The Order of the Thorne: The King’s Challenge 80% off on itch.io:

1.5 days remaining, soundtrack and Steam keys are included.
2 Likes