The (adventure) games on sale thread

Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora from Glass Bottom Games: -75% on GOG.

Also check out their current Kickstarter campaign:

2 Likes

Have you played Hot Tin Roof? It seems like a steal at under $4 and looks potentially very interesting.

Yes, it’s very charming and definitely an adventury platformer worth the money.

1 Like

That’s the little push I needed. Thanks. Something to try out on Father’s Day.

It is not an adventure game, but as it is in brackets anyway in the subject…
Great Giana Sisters bundle for 1$/€ on Fanatical

The 1987 C64 version is NOT included, but I like how the bossfights have that old school 2D platformy aspect while being rendered in lovely 3D. A bit like breaking the 3rd wall.

1 Like

It doesn’t sound like my kind of game, but thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

From a Steam review:

The essence of precision platformer is here, you make mistakes - you die as you only have limited lives.

Dying and having to redo the whole level just to get to that one point where you failed is why I never finished any ancient platformers.

That’s how I grew up.
Even worse: dying and having to redo the whole game!

It’s a hardcore platformer. Also quite cheap on GOG for the remaining 13 hours:

1 Like

That’s valid for the C64 version too, btw. :wink:

1 Like

That one was also Greatly infringing too :wink:

1 Like

Vampyr is on sale on GOG.

I don’t know much about it, but Remember Me was fantastic, Life is Strange was even better, and reviews seem to be generally positive. And it’s on GOG, not Steam.

https://www.gog.com/game/vampyr

Edit: for those who care about such things, apparently the GOG release won’t feature achievements.

1 Like

I’ve seen it being released on GOG before but have never heard of it.

So the developer is Dontnod Entertainment, the same as for Life is Strange? I would like to play this game series but sadly it’s being published by Square Enix which seems to have become very pro-DRM. (The last Tomb Raider game on GOG is from 2003.)

1 Like

I hadn’t really either, but I’d just looked up what game Dontnod made after Life Is Strange and guess what I saw next staring at me on the GOG frontpage where I’d gone to see if perhaps they had it… :wink: Apparently it’s sold over a million copies (pre-GOG) and it’s been very good to FH and Dontnod.

I hope the game will do well enough on GOG that the publisher will also release A Plague Tale through that channel.

As to the game itself, I played it for a little over an hour. So far I’m not the biggest fan of the way the combat flows, but we’ll see where it goes.

And alas, go from 2015 (Life Is Strange) to 2018 (Vampyr) and I can only play it in HD or suffer ~28 fps in UHD. :slight_smile:

Never heard of this one but since Vampyr is just a year old and uses the same publisher: hopes are high :+1:

Yeah, I figured from the screenshots that I probably won’t even be able to play it.

Phoenix Online Studios have a Summer Sale going on:

http://www.postudios.com

1 Like

Technically it would run alright in medium to low, but high/very high/ultra in HD looks much better overall than the sharper UHD image. (This is not always the case. Some fancy framerate-killing effects spoil the graphics, like excessive bloom did a decade ago.) Ideally it’d be the game itself in some lower resolution with in-game overlays like health & stamina nice and sharp, or even more important when reading a letter or something.

How’s the DRM? I already have some of those on GOG though, so I’m not sure it matters for me. :smiley:

AFAIK you get a DRM free version in their store: I bought Moebius from them and got a DRM free version. So I assume that’s valid for their other games too.

I’ve never seen DRM in their store, in fact this is from the summer sale blog entry from last year:

The Phoenix Online Store is always DRM-free, and Steam keys are available for all our games.

The game is for sale (-50%) until 2019-07-09:

The developer is active on GOG which is great! I hope they will eventually add the original game as bonus.

3 Likes

Last day of June is now free until July 4 on Epic Games Store: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/last-day-of-june/home