The (adventure) games on sale thread

Vampyr is on sale again, as well as other “baguette” (French) games.

https://www.gog.com/newsletter/20190708_nl_baguette_days_en/

Oddly enough the sale includes Die Siedler III, presumably because French Ubisoft now owns Blue Byte and publishes the Settlers games. It makes me wonder how many other of the games are “French” just because of Ubisoft. :smiley:

I still haven’t gotten around to playing Syberia 3 unfortunately, and the price is now significantly lower.

Ankh (Anniversary Edition) was released on GOG (-75%)! (Windows only)

Deck 13 also released some other games on GOG which are on sale.

1 Like

@seguso Whispers of a Machine (Blue Edition) is now on sale. I get -27% (maybe because I own Kathy Rain? Otherwise it’s -15%).

1 Like

Slightly off topic, but the new Humble Builder Bundle might be of some interest to people who like adventures. Bridge Constructor was a decent enough entry in the genre, and Bridge Constructor Portal looks like a fun twist. Tricky Towers and Concrete Jungle look promising as well.

Besides that there’s Seum, some kind of Quake 3-style platformer.

Ghetto conspiracy is 50% off on itch.io: https://ghetto-conspiracy.itch.io/ghetto-conspiracy

1 Like

Can you recommend it?

I haven’t played it. :slight_smile: Only just downloaded it.

And the filename is suspiciously called beta_windows.zip :thinking:

2 Likes

i admit if it weren’t for the verb interface I would not have considered it, given the setting is not that attractive. But let’s give it a chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dont worry its normal for the name :When you make an update of your game on itch.io you can’t change the namefile, that’s why it’s called beta :slight_smile: Cheers ! Ghetto team

3 Likes

Huh, that’s annoying. I absolutely love how on GOG I can grab any version.

1 Like

However, double checking it’s unclear to me how to do it these days without Galaxy…? I distinctly seem to recall being able to download multiple versions through the web GUI.

On Steam it seems to be possible with some legwork.

Of course if you want something you should store the GOG installer yourself, but still… :-/

That’s what I always do!
On 8934 3.5” disks no less…

3 Likes

Ion Fury only needs about a 100. :wink:

1 Like

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is on sale for less than € 3 on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_vanishing_of_ethan_carter

On the one hand you just just have to see this game. It’s absolutely stunning and gorgeous, if a little static. On the other hand I kind of lost interest after solving a few puzzles, mainly due to the autosave feature. Iirc it only saves doing the whole puzzle or something along those lines which makes it very annoying to have to quit. (Something I very much appreciate about TWP; save & quit, done.) Also there’s a lot of walking, even if it’s through (mostly) gorgeous environs. I guess that’s what people call a walking simulator.

So I’m not entirely sure I’d recommend it, but on the flipside I did upgrade to the special edition for the artbook & music a while back. Make of that what you will. :wink:

Also there’s this weird thing where you have to get a Redux edition code from the game on GOG as opposed to it just being made available, unless that changed.

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning this. I’ve had my eye on this one for a while.

1 Like

https://ghetto-conspiracy.itch.io/ghetto-conspiracy Only 1 day left for the 50%off on itch.io ! :wink: Lots of characters in a crazy town… :wink:

3 Likes

Animation Arts Collection on GOG is on sale for just 8.09€ (-80%).
It contains the following point’n’click adventure games:

4 Likes

Never heard of it, any good?

The only game of those I played was Secret Files: Tunguska, on the Nintendo DS. I don’t recall anything particularly bad about it. But it wasn’t gripping enough to pick up any of the other installments afterwards. In fact, I hardly remember what it was about and how it ended. Something esoteric in Russia.

I have been kind of curious about Lost Horizon in the past, but not enough to actually buy it. But with 6 games for 10€, I might bite have bitten.

3 Likes

I enjoyed Lost Horizon. Tunguska has been on my point and click adventure wish list for a while. Lost Horizon was entertaining and the puzzles were OK. The storyline was interesting with lots of different locations. There was some pixel hunting, but it wasn’t annoying enough to stop me from finishing. I went ahead and got this deal.

3 Likes