Eventhough, this in-joke-option is rather silly in itself, imho, it is a valid reason to do another playthrough to find out, what’s different.
Changes I found so far:
- Wanted meteor poster is gone.
- Skeleton “return to Dr. Fred.” is not mentioned.
- Use ketchup bottles: “Take that, Sierra online!” is missing.
- “Call Edna for a good time” graffiti is gone. You can still call her, though.
- The parcel in the post office is addressed to in-joke dept. instead of Ed.
- The comment about the cut room at the bus stop.
- The Razor and the Scummettes announcement is gone from the bulletin board.
- Pirate comment on the cannon.
- Missing from the circus audience: Dr. Fred, Edna, Guybrush, Zak, Annie, the alien from the phone company, and Green Tentacle. A blonde woman in black and a man with gray hair and beard are moved around, probably to distribute the remaining audience more evenly.
- “Look at” Graphics BASIC does not mention its authors.
- At the radio studio, the playlist hotspot is disabled, so you can’t read it.
- The navigator’s head does not work.
I probably still missed things in the dialogs, which are a lot and I can’t remember everything.
Things still there:
- The pixelating body.
- Mention of the intro gun shot.
- Comment on the photo’s angle.
- The E.T. game.
- “This cut-scenes is starting to get long” during the sheriff’s introduction.
- Pigeon Brothers dialog option about adventure game design.
- Willie asking for second hand crystals.
- The navigator’s head (although non-functional).
- Mentioning of the year 2017.
- The men eating plant.
- The “You Tube” option.
- Backer’s book titles.
- The 60 Hz hum reference on the radio.
- Willies confessions, including Gredo.
- When the radio trivia is won, you can name yourself Guybrush Threepwood.
- Everything wire-frame, including Edna.
So I’m a bit puzzled what the criteria were. How come some right in your face silly comments aren’t considered by this option while some much more subtle things are?