The "I can't sleep" thread

People react differently to caffeine; 6 hours is fully in the ballpark.
D.

That’s right. :slight_smile:

I’ve read that 5 hours are the absolute maximum. But I’m not a doctor of course. :slight_smile:

Hmm… worries on work maybe.

1 Like

Could it be that caffeine itself is out of the system, but starts processes and side effects that last even after caffeine is gone?

My wife is also pretty sensitive to coffee in the evening.

1 Like

Maybe the coffee fluid has been processed by then but the effects of caffeine can last past that.

D.

In the article it was said that the caffeine itself (not the fluid) has left your body after 5 hours. But I don’t know if the brain “keeps” the effect longer - as @Guga said.

Sometimes there is the placebo effect. But sure, some people are more sensitive about caffeine.

Caffeine does absolutly nothing for me. This summer I often got to bed again AFTER drinking coffee because the heat was kiling me. I also often drink coffe or coke in the evenings and it NEVER affects me.

Maybe I shouldn´t do it every morning but instead only when I need it that way my body might be less used to it? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Don’t worry, same here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying, but is that really the “conventional” definition? :slight_smile:

If I drink caffeine at 16 I might have some trouble sleeping properly at 22, which isn’t the case if I drink caffeine at 15. (By trouble I either mean falling asleep and waking up again or just plain not being able to sleep.)

Now technically I think the effect of the caffeine per se may have worn off by 21ish (the 5 hours you mentioned), so it’s probably more that I take an hour or two to get into the right mood to sleep.

It’s more “factual” than conventional, indeed. As a matter of fact, any gland whose secretion goes inside the bowel, is an exocrine gland, and not and endocrine gland.
But this definition is merely anatomical and physiological. Surgically speaking, anything inside the bowel is inside :blush:

But this is philosophy, I suppose

Welcome back, my old friend.
It’s 4 a.m. and fully awake :roll_eyes:

I think I could try reading an e-book in a very difficult language, to stress my brain.

Italian, for instance!
Nah… that won’t work on me!

2 Likes

People are basically donuts on legs.
(Yes Milan, go ahead and insert a drooling Homer meme)

1 Like

grafik

One-upped you there, buddy! :joy:

3 Likes

20190613_040630

?SLEEP NOT FOUND  ERROR
6 Likes

Same here last night - I had a gnat/mosquito in my sleeping room …

1 Like

If I had one of those, I wouldn’t rest until I’d gotten rid of it!!! :angry:

2 Likes

Same here! But I got it! :smiley:

1 Like

Great work! :grin:

2 Likes

:musical_note: The Mosquito can´t get out of Katie´s room/Because it´s stuuuuupiiiid :notes:

2 Likes

Yeah, regular night-owl myself. after 10pm my brain decides everything is endlessly fascinating and I have twice the energy I had at 10am.

Thinking about applying for a job at KSCUM radio station. Seems a pretty sweet night gig. I can easily talk about hostile takeovers!

2 Likes