The official travel thread

Yay, more Milan :slightly_smiling_face: safe journey home.

1 Like

Indeed:

4 Likes

This is fantastic.
Milan is my hometown. I love to watch those old gangster movies from the 70es…
Thank you for the heads up, I’ll love it.

1 Like

:wave:

6 Likes

Se ba ch

Servizio bagni chimici (chemical bathroom service)

:rofl: me too!

:man_facepalming:
I assumed “Sebach” was a German Company name…

Don’t drink photograph and drive. :wink:

Beside that: Beautiful landscape! We are waiting for a detailed travel report! :wink:

3 Likes

thuuuuuuddddd

Twas the sound o´me arrivin´.

2 Likes

:man_cartwheeling: So here I am back again.

The funny thing is that I posted half of the stuff on here and the other half on twitter. So most people only got half of the story. Consider this a bonus for those who are in touch with me via both of those channels. :slight_smile:

Now for the :tomato: phase…you know…:tomato: as in :tomato: ketchup…because…you know…catch up…no?

3 Likes

No just got it passed on to hold it for a quick shot. It was children sized so wouldn´t have been fit for trying on anyway.

:laughing: Concidence. That´s just my regular jacket!

1 Like

1 Like

Bonus points for anyone who got that reference before liking.

Like a Powerslave LP got f*cked by a Somewhere In Time LP.

I lived for three months in Seebach, a district of Zurich. My Italian friends made obviously fun of me.

By the way, I already posted pictures with me and Goofy and my hamburger. I’ll be posting soon some other pics of my Disneyland trip if you want :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes please! :smiley:

Let’s see… I have more than 300 pics :stuck_out_tongue: I suppose I have to make a selection.

This might be my favorite one (in fact, it is my Facebook profile pic now):

This time, since we had plenty of time and Alice was old enough to understand, we spent way more time in queue to meet the characters. Something I never did and we timidly tried last year (only to find out that Alice was scared of them). So when I noticed there were only 10 minutes of waiting time to meet Darth Vader, I had to go. Ilaria was also pretty happy to meet him, since she has his lightsaber. And I finally found a blue lightsaber for Alice - photoshop of them duelling happening soon.

We also got to meet Jafar, whom we narrowly missed last year to Ilaria’s disappointment. He’s her favorite villain. She was very happy to take a pic with him, even if she was also a bit intimidated. Darth Vader, Jafar… and we were looking for Captain Hook, but we didn’t find him. You might notice a trend here. Don’t worry, she also likes princesses.

Alice couldn’t believe she got to hug Winnie the Pooh. I think I never saw her happier, not even when she met Gekko from PJ Masks. She spent the whole trip asking “where’s Minnie?”, and we met her half an hour before leaving.

As for the rides: I’m thinking I might have problems in my ears, and surely in my cervical vertebrae, since I’m beginning to feel dizzier than usual even after the calmest rollercoasters. So I skipped some :frowning: but I got to ride again on the Hyperspace Mountain (last time it was still called Space Mountain). Alone, because it was our last day and we had Fast Pass tickets to use and the daughters were too short to ride. So I had this picture taken:

It’s cool that they have themed graphics to hide the persons you don’t care about.

8 Likes

I think the basic preparation of @PiecesOfKate’s pizza is better: I mean processing of pastry and ingredients as @sushi said. But that pizza is probably over-filled with fries, lacking in taste from dressing. Also cooking, despite made with coal oven, is probably a little bit too much. Coal oven is top-grade cooking for pizza, but its time is very difficult to manage (sometimes it’s matter of a bunch of seconds).
While @ZakPhoenixMcKracken’s pizza, despite with a more standardized processing of pastry and cooked in electric oven, is indeed better balanced in ingredients: there’s some tomato sauce to give taste, less and smaller fries, wurstel slices…
Sometimes it’s not only the quality of preparation or the single ingredients, but also how they stay together in one recipe (that is probably what fast foods take more care of).

2 Likes

There’s a Gremlin clinging onto your plane!

I guess next time I eat at Pizza Rossa I just order a menu with a slice of Pizza Margharita and put some of the fries on top of it, just to see what it tastes like. :man_shrugging:

when you will come to visit Italy, I will let you taste pizza in every colour, not just Rossa (=red)
:pizza:

1 Like

So what do you replace the tomato sauce with then? :scream: