The official travel thread

And I am looking at it on the internet! :scream:
I feel like I can already hear the police chopper over my house! :helicopter:

2 Likes

Looks more like the chopper of the ADAC

1 Like

That´s what they want me to think. :smirk:

2 Likes

I visited Mysore, Bangalore, Dharmasthala, Hornadu, Sringeri, Udupi, Tumkur, etcc…
Check them out on Google.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of places! Do you have a favourite?

1 Like

Yes… my native place Mysore and Tumkur!

1 Like

Let’s go off-topiccccccc

Do you have some pictures you’d like to share with us?

3 Likes

That looks beautiful man! I love the art styles and architecture of the indian culture, but must admit don´t really know much outside of the Taj Mahal(which admittedly is more persian muslim style and probably not typical indian at all).

1 Like

I had the misfortune of travelling to Siena one August. It was the day where all the neighborhoods march through the streets waving their neighborhood flags and beating their drums. It was hell on Earth.

it was on 16th of August, I suppose… it’s called “Palio di Siena”, a medieval game where horses run on a track.

I think my favourite place in the world, apart from England, is Canada :canada: :heart_eyes: When I finished uni I travelled round the east and west (with a bit in the middle via sleeper train).

It’s so versatile:

the Rockies
random little lakes and beaches like Lake Shuswap
Banff for snowy hikes and hot springs
Whistler for skiing
Beautiful turquoise Lake Louise
Horse-riding in Jasper
The deliciously Gothic city of Quebec
Montreal jazz festival
Nice restaurants and harbours in Toronto
Amazing alternative rock scene
Cycling around (literally) Stanley Park in Vancouver
Walking on the Capilano suspension bridges
Night white water rafting in… [file missing]

I could go on.

I’ve been back once since travelling and this time went to Seattle too. I loved it there as well, and I was extra hyped as PAX East was happening at the time, and Ron and co were there promoting TWP (we couldn’t get tickets so hung around outside for a bit feeling sad).

4 Likes

I want to go there someday! I met a few Canadians on my Year Abroad, and they were all lovely :relaxed:

Yeah I was about to add - Canadians are so friendly :slightly_smiling_face: There’s an accent I love, too. That ‘abote’ (about), sigh…

1 Like

Don’t forget your bear repellent cream!

2 Likes

And NEVER turn your back on a bear. If you need to run, do so backwards, while facing it, with a big smile.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve not seen that - bookmarked for later :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Has to be played loud! :slight_smile:

My dad used to say that about all rock music :metal:

1 Like