The pronunciation thread

Okay I cannot do it then.

It’s ok, you really don’t need one of those :kissing_heart:

Yeah, I think I’ll go for Rickie. The best audio quality I can get is through my phone, and it’ll probably take me several tries to do each line well (I’m very pedantic). :stuck_out_tongue:

Alternatively, if I quit my job and had the money for advanced technological equipment-a-boo, I could devote my whole time and energy to voicing Delores. Time for a Kickstarter? :joy:

3 Likes

And the current leader for the spoon…er…heart of @tasse-tee is: a Japanese fish in a bowl from Belgium!

4 Likes

Nope! I don’t do catfights.
Watching one unfold through a dance battle, on the other hand… :popcorn: :yum:

4 Likes

Dito, but the first part is still the best. :slight_smile:

Then you have to practice with/train me before that… :wink:

Now that’s too pessimistic. :slight_smile: Just let us see what we can do. But I don’t think that three (or four?) are enough to do the whole dub. (Especially if we have a look at the pile of text we have to read.)

You can use mine if you hop over to Germany. :wink: But your phone has already a good quality (if you made your last example with it).

1 Like

Why don’t you ask people who have heard me doing different voices like @Guga @Gffp or @Ema ?:wink:

1 Like

Sigh. You can do different voices. :slight_smile: I just wanted to say that it might be difficult to do Sandy or Madame Morena for you. Although it could be fun to give the women the voice of a man, like in Bob’s Burger… :thinking:

1 Like

That is what I meant to say. Don’t think too much about the limits as the possibilities within those limits.

1 Like

Voice not deep enough for Madame Morena? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t thought about the limits regarding the “tone” of the voice(s), I would just like to prevent that the game sounds like one of these movies where one voice actor speaks all characters… :slight_smile:

But then you’d have an unfair advantage, wouldn’t you? The dance fight won’t be as entertaining for me if I know who’s gonna win :wink:

But there’s background noise from the phone (a fffzzzzzz sound). I’m not sure if that can be removed during editing.

It’s about time we actually arranged something, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:
Trouble is, I also wanna meet everyone else… even though it’s logistically impossible and all that :sweat:

and also Milan needs to meet Kate!!

5 Likes

Not when you have at least two or three men and women:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

q.e.d. :wink:

Yeah, he’s really good. Arnold Schwarzenegger was super-funny! Guys you have the number to start the project of dubbing, and also the capabilities to do that. Furthermore, there are so many fans of the genre in Germany!

2 Likes

We’re not done yet

2 Likes

The less background noise the better but you can actually remove it really easily in Audacity.

1 Like

No. I would have a minimal chance! (I’ve never learned to dance… :frowning: )

That’s what we men are - entertainment for the woman… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t remember that it was present, but I’ll check that.

Ah, the good old traveling salesman person problem. Fortunately there is a solution. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:dizzy_face: :revolving_hearts: :kissing_heart:

Oh, and I claim Leonard if @tasse-tee gets the role of Delores. I could so method-act his crush on her! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We could always make this a Dance Dance Revolution battle!

You mean that wasn’t the whole point of all this?! :wink:

Give up. :slight_smile: Seems less messy than those moving graph thingys!

2 Likes

I’m not really interested in the whole battle thing but I’m down with that!

1 Like