The pronunciation thread

I simply guessed that you’d use klingeln incorrectly. I’m just that good. :wink:

Did you say “hallo Meelin”?

2 Likes

“Hallo Maylen!” :grinning:

2 Likes

Meh-Lynn? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

but isn’t it spelled incorrectly then? Milahn ? Also the fahrnholz right after has that elonging H (or whatever it’s called), so it is confusing people.
I say Mi (as in English “Me”)- lan (as in ?? well, a short sound anyway. Comme en français: à (as in déjà-vu … that last “u” should not sound like yOU…)

1 Like

can’t we just call you Joe from now on? :wink:

4 Likes

You can call me Al, for all I care. :ear: :snake:

2 Likes

Aiyeeee! I’ve been hit.

I’ve just realised I missed about three days of conversation in the middle this thread. Going away is confusing…

If I’ve missed commenting on anything important do draw it to my attention!

1 Like

there are much worse songs to be hit with, imo
(trumpetting that intro right now)

1 Like

Yes that’s true. I’m already hearing the sound, sound. Oh hai, Chevy Chase!

2 Likes

I would just fast scroll through the thread and watch for the flashing yellow dot that indicates unread posts. Doesn´t really take that long even in the longest threads on here.

(fluting that middle part)

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know it did that. I guess normally I would just pick up where I left off, but this time I’d read and responded to some later posts and missed some earlier ones. I think I’m all caught up now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have a non-flashing yellow dot with the number of unread posts. Sometimes also a blue/gray one. No idea what it all means. I miss @Nor_Treblig’s TWP blog script! :cry:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the gray tracks your archaeological progress in ancient topics.

3 Likes

I know you all are dying to read the “U” chapter and the consonants chapeter… But I’m really busy in these days…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s ok, we can wait :slight_smile:

:ransome: The letter U sucks!

Shut up, Ransome.

:ransome: *beeeeeep* U

5 Likes

For those wondering… @tasse-tee is excited to finally being able to play Ransome unbeeped… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

My friend used to call him Benedict-cum-on-my-baps.

1 Like

Reminds me of this

Gee, I found so many apt Cumberbatch reaction gifs for that…

1 Like