The pronunciation thread

Wait, didn´t she say she´s only away for four days? Thursday would mean two more days than I expected. :cry:

Well, hold on to your horses then!
I even included a few others for warming up…

4 Likes

Saturday (evening)
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday (evening)
Unpacking…
Thursday (back on here)

That does add up. Crazy maths!
Hang in there, Milan!

2 Likes

Wow! :heart_eyes:
Never did I expect to hear a song of rolled R’s! That was fantastic!!! :smile: :notes:

2 Likes

Aw, sorry, I meant I had four full days in Italy - but it’s five nights total including travelling either side. I’ll be back before you know it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You know, I can also make my sax mouthpiece make R’s while playing. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Don’t have it here with me though, and I’m not sure I really want to play that way, lol.)

2 Likes

You mean like this?

2 Likes

Err, sure. :wink:

I must admit the more I listen to this the more I like @tasse-tee ´s pronunciation of my first name!

I´m considering de-canonizing the correct way to say it now. :thinking:
Do it like @tasse-tee from now on, people! :smiley:

4 Likes

I was annoyed with myself for getting it wrong :pensive: So I’m glad you don’t mind that I…

…awwww :smile:

2 Likes

Are you telling me I now need to start saying it like MiLAN again? But I did all that chanting!

3 Likes

Now there is ONE person on earth that is regulary chanting my name and I cannot even hear it! :sob:

1 Like

I’ll make a note to do it in my probably-never-happening voice recording.

I think it’s going to be difficult to chant it the other way. It sounds like a whiny nag in my head. MiLAAAAN, take out the rubbish. MilLAAAAN, make me a sandwich. MiLAAAAN, change your name back to MIIIIIIlan.

5 Likes

You´re in a video game, you don´t owe us anything.

She didn´t even mispronunce it that way. The emphasis on the first syllable was there, and it honestly drives me nuts if people do it otherwise even if they heard me say it the correct way. But it has happened less frequently in recent years.

She only got the “a” sound wrong, that´s all. So please don´t reverse and…why do I have to do all the chores in your fantasy?

2 Likes

Ahh, I thought it was the “i” sound I got wrong! I feel better now :relaxed:

4 Likes

It´s real easy the Mi- sounds like “Me”

And the “an” in “-lan” sounds like:

3 Likes

Sorry for misunderstanding, I thought the same as @tasse-tee.

Okay, so I think I just need to slightly revise my ‘a’ sound. Got it!

6 Likes

In what message can I listen to that?

You’ve already heard it! Or liked it, at least. Were you listening? :stuck_out_tongue:
“Hallo Someone, hallo Milan…”

2 Likes

Yeah, but there were like three or more, I don’t remember the specifics and I’m lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like