The quote game: which adventure games do you recognize? [GAME OVER]

I would like to propose to you a little game. I show you nine quotes from famous adventure games and you tell me from which game each quote comes from. :slight_smile:

Rules

1. Send to me a SINGLE :arrow_forward: PRIVATE :arrow_backward: message containing all your answers. Multiple messages will be ignored.
  2. Whoever guesses the highest quantity of games, wins.
  3. In case of a draw, whoever was quicker to send me the answers wins.
  4. You have 24 hours to send me your answers.

Please, don’t write your answers in this thread nor write comments that could help other people.

Let’s see if this thing works. :slight_smile:

Click HERE to reveal the nine quotes
  1. “I am Bobbin. Are you my mother?”
  2. “How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?”
  3. “I’m not putting my lips on that.”
  4. “You couldn’t find a sale at yacht club!”
  5. “He hasn’t been at dinner for 5 years.”
  6. “You have kept yourself Karmically clean”
  7. “I am sorry to do this to you little fella, but it’s for the future of the whole planet.”
  8. “Good thing my life expectancy is only six years.”
  9. “Toto, I don’t think we are in Kansas anymore.”
2 Likes

What is the first prize?

Fame and glory.

I own both films on DVD already …

2 Likes

Oh come on everybody, that one was actually really good!

1 Like

Actually both films were really good. (But now enough of hijacking this thread …)

Yeah, I don´t think I spoil anything when I say I don´t think I´m very good at this…

Fun post!

In less than one hour the game will end and no more answers will be accepted.

I’ll publish the name of the winner (and some details about the quotes) in the following hours. :slight_smile:

I wonder how many fell for the trick question. Hehe.

Hmm… Now that I think about it, I probably did. Which is annoying, since I know where the quote really should have come from.

Game over!

Thanks to those of you who have partecipated. :slight_smile:

Here are the correct answers.

“I am Bobbin. Are you my mother?” - At first this quote might be perceived as a dialogue line from “Loom” but actually it’s from “The Secret of Monkey Island”. It’s something that Guybrush says after he is fired out of the Fettuccini Brothers cannon.

“How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?” is from “Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge”. Guybrush asks this question to the carpenter. In Thimbleweed Park there is a similar line, but it says “How much wood would a woodchuck…”.

“I’m not putting my lips on that.” is from “Full Throttle”. It’s the standard reply for the mouth icon/action.

“You couldn’t find a sale at yacht club!” is from “Grim Fandango”. Manny Calavera is a seller and his boss, Don Copal, tells Manny that he isn’t able to find good clients.

“He hasn’t been at dinner for 5 years.” is from “Maniac Mansion”. Ed is worried for his father.

“You have kept yourself Karmically clean” is from Zak McKracken. It’s something that Swami Holanwanda tells to Zak.

“I am sorry to do this to you little fella, but it’s for the future of the whole planet.” is from “Day of the Tentacle”. Bernard tells it when he hibernates the hamster.

“Good thing my life expectancy is only six years.” is from “Sam & Max hit the road”.

“Toto, I don’t think we are in Kansas anymore.” is from “The Dig”, when Boston Low realizes that the protagonists have been transferred to an alien place. No, it’s not from the textual/graphic adventure about the Wizard of Oz, I’ve checked it.

If you think that I’ve made mistakes, feel free to correct them but be aware that it’s improbable that it will change who the winner is. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the winner is…

CLICK HERE to reveal the WINNER!

Caven ! :trophy:

@Caven got a 7/9 score, congratulations!

Those who ranked #2 guessed correctly 5/9 quotes.

Caven wins two DVDs generously given away by Someone.

I hope that you enjoyed this little game. Similar community games are quite common on other adventure game forums. Maybe we can make them an habit, if there is enough interest.

2 Likes

Woohoo! Fame and Glory, here I come!!! (or not)

I can’t believe I fell for the misdirection in #1, since I played The Secret of Monkey Island a lot more than I did Loom. I definitely had no idea about #4 though.

I’d definitely like to see more of these. How many people participated in this contest?

I got me a whoppin 4 out of 9 then! Yay!:sob:

Still the kind of score I´d have celebrated back in school.

Six, which in my opinion is not a bad result, if we consider that during the summer there are fewer active users and that many people don’t like to take part in this kind of competitions.

Hm… doesn’t Ray say this line too…?

I scored 5.

Damn, i fell right on the trick question!

Maybe thinking more I could have guessed the one from the Wizard of Oz … I remembered I read that quote in some game, but I couldn’t figure out which one.

I got 7/9.

Make a new qoute game! Make a new one! (With real prizes! :wink: )

I’m starting to forget the lines, it’s possible but I don’t remember it.

Today I have realized that I have several duplicate games in my Humble Bundle account, accumulated along the years and never redeemed nor given away. It would make sense to use them in some way.

1 Like