Thimbleweed Park coming to PS4 on August 22, 2017

Strange I donĀ“t remember that at all. But maybe we did mostly play with a cord and I just donĀ“t remember that. I just canĀ“t imagine playing a really long game like Defenders Of Oasis, when longevity of batteries would have been an issue.

I was the only boy in the neighborhood who had a Game Gear - everyone else had a Game Boy - and I remember it was quite frustrating, the batteries didnā€™t last long.

I wanted it because it was in color and because it was endorsed by Walter Zenga, which was my hero at the time and the reason I played as a goalkeeper in football. So yes, Zenga screwed me also on the sport side.

2 Likes

So today I put down 20 bucks for the game for a third time. And my PS4 Pro doesnĀ“t even arrive before wednesday! :upside_down_face:

So expect me to talk about more about the game and the PS4 version in particular in the coming weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, at first I thought you bought the Game Gear portā€¦

OK :slight_smile:

Since itĀ“s the Pro IĀ“m all ready for the VR versionā€¦what do you mean thereĀ“s no VR version?! :flushed:

WHAT? There is still no VR version? Those lazy developers!

Ehrmā€¦

https://www.fangamer.com/products/thimbleweed-park-view-tron-3000

BTW those things are really old!

So IĀ“ve started and so far itĀ“s really nice. The console controls took a bit getting used to but after a while it was really okay (didnĀ“t know the PS4 has a touchpad, too!) so far IĀ“ve enjoyed a few phone book messages by community members and just generally stumbled around (almost completly solving the murder on the way, I still maintain thatĀ“s the easiest part of the game). LetĀ“s see what the next few days bring and if I discover something new. :slight_smile:

Did you know that there is a huge library with a lot of books to read?

2 Likes

What? Noooooo!

I think that part five was a little bit easier.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

Just finished my hardmode playthrough on PS4. Took me exactly 6 hours, but I let all dialogue and cutscenes fully play out (so IĀ“d guess you can speedrun hard mode in about 5 hours) and didnĀ“t do some extra stuff.

Now on to trophy hunting!

One gripe though, wouldnĀ“t the eyedrops have taken away for no reason from Agent Ray after she left town I would also have the crying achievement now. I still need to do easy mode without picking up dust and still need to do a few answering machine messages.

1 Like

Bohooo, this sounds like you already got the crying achievements :stuck_out_tongue:

6 hours without aborting any dialog? Didnā€™t think this was possible, but Iā€™m someone who always tries all dialog options.

Speedrun should be possible much faster thoughā€¦ and I here is that old thread:

2 Likes

Yes, there is a lot you can do in the game without officially asking why you have to do that first. A rare case is when you canĀ“t give your watch to Willie without talking to him and him mentioning that he repairs watches.

Just finished my casual playthrough on the PS4. Time: 92 minutes (skipping dialog and cutscenes where possible).

Now for the answering machine messages to get the remaining 2 trophiesā€¦

ItĀ“s finally done! 100% of trophies on the PS4! Took me about 7 1/2 in total. Revisting the game with new controls and on a bigger screen was good fun!

Now I feel empty inside. :frowning:

2 Likes

Mobile?

Yeah, but I kinda enjoyed how it looked on my TV because my TV is quite a bit bigger than my computer monitor. So it was nice to see the graphics bigger than ever before(dunno if IĀ“d really want to go back to a really tiny screen).

Sure would have done better at those ā€œspot the thingā€ games than a week ago. :frowning:

1 Like