[Poll] Ron Gilbert mentions Thimbleweed Park 2: would you buy it?

For those who don’t know, Ron Gilbert mentioned that he has some ideas for a sequel to Thimbleweed Park.

The chances of it happening are slim, according to Ron, but assuming he does make it and the price is right for you, would you buy it?

• Yes, absolutely
  • No way
  • It depends on… (please elaborate)

0 voters

2 Likes

I for one can’t wait to play Thimbleweed Park 2: Chuck’s Revenge.

6 Likes

Of course, I would buy it. At most, if it’s not pixel art or doesn’t have SCUMM, I would buy it while cursing. But I would still buy it.

3 Likes

I didn’t know why this poll had other options on it.

Believe it or not, some people on this forum have said in the past that they didn’t want a sequel. So I was curious if they would have bought it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did he mention that?

@FrancescoF

3 Likes

Thank you!
but where was it mentioned?

He said that in this interview:

2 Likes

thank you!

The fact that I don’t want a sequel doesn’t mean I wouldn’t buy it if it comes out.

I don’t want to eat pizza right now but if you tell me you just baked one I’m taking a slice :smile:

8 Likes

I would take two slices! (*)

At the moment I’m a little bit torn: The ending of TWP is perfect as it is. But as more as I think of it, I would like to have a TWP2. And especially after Ron said that most of the players wouldn’t like it. :wink:

And I’m with @Guga: I would buy and play TWP2 anyway. :laughing:

(*) Depending on the pizza he made…

3 Likes

I enjoyed the hell out of the Delores mini game and felt the ending of TWP had no bearing on my experience.

Did you?

2 Likes

I just baked a pizza for you.

immagine

4 Likes

So the equivalent of TWP2 would be Pizza Hawaii!? No wonder Ron thinks a whole lot of people might hate it. (Not me, though :smiley:)

1 Like

Ron’s been mentioning a bunch of things about his next game on his Mastodon account…
I think it’s the same RPG game he started a while back. Maybe once he’s done that we’ll get TWP2.

4 Likes

I’m astonished that Pumpernickel is known outside of Germany… :smiley:

1 Like

Americans are reasonably familiar with it I believe. Or at least with the word.

It’s a pretty common choice among breads here in the states.

1 Like

I’m sure that he used that word because he’s currently in Germany for Devcom. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way:

Beneath The Return of Monkey Island: Q&A with LeCrew
Monday, August 21, 2023 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM · 1 hr. (Europe/Berlin)

4 Likes