Uncover your ears, he’s coming… ( Official announcement )

Anything else would have surprised me. That would have been far too much work for the individual translators.

Not to mention the fact that the lawyer self-censures himself :stuck_out_tongue: the actor actually says “go beep yourself”.

Now I wonder whether the mime got uncensored too. Gotta play it as soon as possible.

Speaking of censoring, a thing I found funny is that of all the *beep*s, Ian Corlett did not “translate” the hamster name. He says “little beeper”.

3 Likes

The censored line I remember the most is: "I don’t wear *beeeeeeeeep * hats!"
Because the beep seems quite long in this sentence.

Please can someone record that line and enlighten me with what he says? I have the Switch version of the game…

2 Likes

But maybe he gets more aggressive and behaves violent towards things for example?

I would agree if we would talk about a 6 year old. But a 12 year old is able to distinguish between swearing and where it is not appropriate to say swear words.

In TWP only Ransome is swearing and he is obviously mean and a bad guy. Beside that the language isn’t “hard”.

I assume Sony et al have Ron said some reasons why the DLC would be rated 16. It would be interesting to know these reasons. Because according to the rules ZakPhoenixMcKracken mentioned above for the PEGI ratings IMHO the DLC has to be rated 12.

I really don’t think so.
I have the feeling that we discussed this earlier.

I was about to say exactly what @Guga was saying…

TWP is a nice, full of colors and somehow cartoonish game (more than GTA, sure…) It is funny.
If the beeped Ransome character was funny, why shouldn’t be funny the unbeeped version?
Kids would find it gorgeously funny.
And like to be funny. They like to suprise others.

I used bad words, when I was 12, sometimes, sure.

But, If I played TWP, and listened SO MANY funny and creative swearings by my favorite funny character, so delightfully delivered by the actor, well, I surely couldn’t have resisted to experiment all of this on my school mates immediately.

Actually, in a couple of occasions Ransome DOES say something quite hard. Anyway, that’s not the point. I’d not try to protect the kids from the “hard something” per se. It’s just that being “musically used to” bad words as intercalary is not nice. If you watch a lot of movies in english, you’ll get used to it. You’ll even start to “think in english”. If you play 20 ore more hours with your favorite character using bad words as punctuation, well, that’s quite the same.

Anyway, Someone, I really hope you are not right! You know, I don’t want to see, some day, the two adorable daughters of Guga, while, speaking kind an gentle words, shoot prostitutes with a bazooka :joy:

Disclaimer: I like bad words. I like them a lot. But I think I’m a lot aware of the context, much more than italian people nowadays are. I usually swear in private or appropriate contexts.

1 Like

I’ve encountered at least two phrases they would probably consider fit that description, even though it’s an animation and the lines are spoken quite flippantly rather than aggressively.

It might just be that they didn’t want to go through the rigmarole of getting it rated, plus potentially having to change the whole game rating afterwards.

I would like to know, which platforms on which Distribution channels will get the dlc…

Currently I own the Xbox/Windows Store Version of the game, and the Android Version…

Additionally, does anyone know whether the Android Version Supports Cloud savegames?
I found no Setting about it…

You can get the DLC for Windows, macOS and Linux via Steam or GOG.

/edit: I can’t say if the DLC is working with the Windows Store version. But it doesn’t work on XBox and Android.

1 Like

I don’t make the rules, I just have to follow them. With this much swearing, PEGI would rate it 16 and the ESRB would rate it M. Getting your game rated is timing consuming and expensive, it not somthing where we just check a box. We have to video the entire game and send it to them.

I am infovor of game ratings, but I hate the game rating boards.

1 Like

I wonder if the USK would take issues or not.

It’s also worth noting that I never swear around kids find it offensive if I hear kids swear, so keeping this away from kids isn’t just about ratings, it’s about mby pesonal feels as well.

7 Likes

If game ratings are there for the benefit of the players, to help prevent them from accessing content that isn’t suitable for them (provided they/their parents actually follow the guidance given), why should the boards make it so difficult and expensive for a game to be rated? :frowning_face:

Because they filled with people can only know about creating process and procedure to cover the asses. It’s a power trip. The ESRB tried to get Apple to use them, and Apple told them to do fuck themselves. I like apple’s system. You self-rate the game by checking a bunch of boxes. If you lie, they kick you off the AppStore.

the feeling is probably mutual :wink:

Then ESRB rated Apple with a “T”, for mild language.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know. :slight_smile:

Do they have strict rules that are saying, for example, “if the word f*ck is named twice within 1 minute then we rate it 16”? Or do they chose the rating in a voting?

Same here. :slight_smile: In Germany the f-word isn’t much an issue (if we assume that you don’t want to publish a slippery-you-know-this-sort-of-things game).

Please check the ESRB rating - about the rating process page, and the guide. This is not an extensive guide, but it’s a starting point to learn how the rating process is done.

1 Like

but… I’m so confused. In this part of the world we don’t have a rating system.

3 Likes

You mean for presidents? (The people rate the president each week and if he is under 1 star he will be replaced?)

2 Likes