Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

FTFY!

1 Like

We might get Flight of the Amazon Queen 2 (well, Return of the Amazon Queen is the official name):

http://amazonqueengame.com

7 Likes

Neat! That’s not something I thought I’d ever see (or even considered, if I’m honest). Between Return to Monkey Island, The Pandora Directive remake and now this announcement, the year 2022 has been a rather exciting time to be a fan of adventure games.

A new game from “fake Ron Gilbert”

5 Likes

What about Ron Grossmann?

2 Likes

Nearly missed this one, which is very much inspired by Monkey Island, it seems:

It’s also currently on Kickstarter, with 2 more weeks to go.

7 Likes

I backed this game because I like the backgrounds and the 9 verbs. The guy moves very slowly but the author promised he’s going to speed it up…

Cheers, looks cool, backed.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe Old Skies is in a rush to release before RtMI?

Edit: the first impression is amazing, by the way.

3 Likes

That picture reminds me a lot of Control.

1 Like

Those green lines in her arm reminded me of Whispers of a Machine, which I never finished although I loved Joel Staaf Hästö’s earlier Kathy Rain.
Whispers of a Machine

I suppose the green lines are missing. :smiley:

Based on the Dave Gilbert’s comment on discord, I might be a tad disappointed if RtMI was released after Old Skies :wink:
Discord #old-skies

3 Likes

I like the Curse of Monkey Island style of this under-development adventure game. :slight_smile:

No time now to read the long Kickstarter presentation but, basing my impressions on the art style alone, I might become a backer.

1 Like

Lord Winklebottom Investigates has a release date: 28 July

1 Like

We all wanted to play a sarcastic cow, won’t we?

[I] doesn’t exist - a modern text adventure

This text adventure is interesting because it is a 3rd person game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/i-doesnt-exist/i-doesnt-exist-a-modern-text-adventure

Nine Noir Lives has a release date: 7th September 2022

1 Like

An under development game (coming out September 2022) that has beautiful backgrounds inspired by real Croatian places:

You can see more screenshots in their Facebook page:

4 Likes