Official Thimbleweed Park Forums

Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Those are some great ones!

I haven’t heard of Observation by No Code yet, looks like a game I’d like to play. It’s from the makers of Stories Untold so there is hope of a release on GOG.

A diner with arcade? Lovely!

I’m not sure if it’s in development though. The files say ‘demo’ but I have the impression it’s a finished game. Just a short one (15min).

Hello,

The new graphic adventure game “Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness” has been funded with 10.000€ with Kickstarter.

For the Stretch Goals including the next (and important step at 15.000€) for full voice acting in English are still missing a few Euros.

So if you want to support this project please join the Kickstarter campaign and get a nice “old-school” Big Box version of MoM for example or another pledge:

Only 10 days remaining!

Best regards,

Scheinworld

Creaks (from Amanita Design) has now a page on Gog:

https://www.gog.com/game/creaks

Hi guys,

last 2 days and the chance to support the Kickstarter campaign of “Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness”. If you are interested in this old-style adventure game just see my post above^^

Some information on Adventure Gamers:

Best regards,

Scheinworld

It looks great and I remember seeing the first game (Chronicle of Innsmouth on Steam) some time ago.

As a backer you get this first game too and they said both will be DRM-free available (maybe itch.io).

31 hours to go!

Here’s a review of the first one:

The Bad:

• Main character is clearly a reskinned Guybrush Threepwood
  • A few too many self-referential genre jokes

Well, sounds like a perfect fit for this forum!

Hi,

I’m very happy to have the first game Chronicle of Innsmouth as Big Box in my little collection.

Only 17 hours remaining to support the second part of Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness at Kickstarter and get a nice Big Box edition for example. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Scheinworld

Edit (01.12.18) Reuploaded Chronicle of Innsmouth image. :wink:

Oh, why did you remove the image?

Are you trying to hide the fact that you still haven’t unwrapped and read “The Art of Point + Click Adventure Games”?
Yep, I notice everything :stuck_out_tongue:

I had been more intrigued by the copy of Mad TV. I liked that game. One of those business simulation games that were the rage in Germany (and possibly elsewhere) at that time, but with a humorous angle.

Hey guys,

@Nor_Treblig: In fact you are very attentive! :slight_smile: It’s true I didn’t unwrapped and read “The Art of Point + Click Adventure Games”. I bought this book twice one as the collector’s edition you have seen.

I have uploaded the image to make a little “promotion” for the final Kickstarter hours of Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness, but the Kickstarter campaign has been finished and I didn’t want to give the impression with my image to “pose” with that to say the truth. 97% of my collection are Commodore Amiga games I think.

Unfortunately the stretch goal of 15.000€ for full voice acting in English has not been reached. :frowning: I hope they make/synchronize it anyway.

@kaiman: I loved Mad TV too. The successor Mad News had not this beloved charm in my opinion. I’m a movie/Hollywood blockbuster fan of 80/90’s too and it was great to make my own television program with all my favorite movies and visit cute Betty. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Scheinworld

You can safely post such pictures, we like to see these sort of collections here!

I’ve upped my pledge at the end. We’ve tried!

This was an interesting game. But back then I didn’t really understand what’s going on and I never got far.

And this would be the appropriate topic :slight_smile:. But we’ll enjoy them no matter where they show up!

Later Alligator:

Whispers of a Machine:
Pixel graphics adventure game from the makers of Kathy Rain.
Release is planned in Q2 2019.

I loved that game and managed to finish it. It was very funny. I had a soft spot for games like this (Rock Star Ate My Hamster was another great one) even though they taught me nothing and in real life I can’t really manage anything. There’s a browser version online.

Hi,

Okay guys, thank you. :slight_smile: I have posted a picture in the right topic.

You are right, we have tried. I’m a bit disappointed nevertheless, because the start at Kickstarter was so promising and I really thought we can reach the stretch goal of full voice acting maybe even a German translation. Well, maybe at least the English synchronization comes anyway I hope.

Best regards,

Scheinworld

Low-res point’n’click adventure “coming soon”:
Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland on GOG.
Note: there are also survival/timed mechanics in the game.