Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Maybe the authors are enlightened philosophers who realized that the setting does not matter, the only things that matter are the situations and the writing and the puzzles. Or more probably they said: with our budget, there’s no point doing something else… outdoor scenes are complicated to do.

4 Likes

Come on, they even aped the transitions between scenes! : )

1 Like

It’s just a coincidence, I tell you!
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

The graphics is pretty good I think. Nails the atmosphere right and is pleasant to watch. But why undithered EGA palette? They could at least use the enhanced EGA. (or maybe it is that?) These guys must be hard-core fans :slight_smile:

The very same!

Wait, that makes sense in English. I’ll have to work on this… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Telling Lies:

https://www.gog.com/game/telling_lies

4 Likes

I definitely enjoyed Her Story, so I’m curious to see where that goes.

2 Likes

Zompist wrote a review:

It mostly reads like it could’ve been written about Her Story.

1 Like

Encodya will be available on GOG too:

https://www.gog.com/game/encodya

2 Likes

One Hell of a Quest (LucasArts fans should take a look :slight_smile: ):

1 Like

Encodya is still on Kickstarter for one more week, too. Not far from the second stretch goal now. Haven’t backed it yet, but I’m considering.

Speaking of Kickstarter, 3 Minutes to Midnight will launch their campaign in about a month. That’s one I’m actually looking forward to.

2 Likes

A demo of Edgar is available:

This is a Fate of Atlantis clone on kickstarter.
I’ve backed it.

I think it won’t make it, but if you want another FOA (and why wouldn’t you? are you a monster? :)), you can back it too:

5 Likes

I must have totally overlooked that, and so has everyone else, it seems. Which is a shame, since it indeed resembles FoA in many respects (though not in others). What few graphics are shown look nice as well. I might chime in on that one, but as you say, there’s no hope remaining with such a lackluster first week. Quite sad!

1 Like

On facebook there is some really nice bg graphics that (incredibly) does not seem to be on the kickstarter page

2 Likes

They have posted that video in an Kickstarter update:

1 Like

oh, I see. I was expecting they’d add it to the main page …

That looks very nice.

But I have my doubts seeing a single person trying to make a whole game in an accaptable period of time. He estimates 1 1/2 years from now. 35.000$ are not enough to live 1 1/2 years from it, so he needs to work somewhere. Which leads to he can´t do the game full time which leads to me thinking 1/ 2 Year is very optimistic.

He writes “We” and not “I” in the campaign, but especially if there are several persons working on it 35.000$ is just nothing.

I would really like to see this game, but I think too the campaign won´t make it.
Seeing all this and some misspellings in the campain unfortunaltelly just raises strong doubts in me and as it seems in a lot of other people too. At least at this point only 27 people backed the game.

3 Likes

Only the first episode: “This campaign hopes to finance the first episode …”

And we don’t know how far they already got in the development process: “Part of our work is done, we have an amazing story and a lot of work already done …”

Maybe the first episode needs only some polish and a translation.