Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Well, he is Spanish I think. I think in some parts of spain you can live with 1100$ / month. Also, this is only going to fund the first one of several episodes. the retrieval of the first artifact --first stone or something…

But yes, he’s been too sketchy in the approach to kickstarter. He hasn’t even posted a background…

1 Like

Also, darkside detective 2 got less than that, IIRC… and they already had big reputation.

According to Kickstarter he is from Spain. Regarding the English translations, he mentioned in the “comments” section, that he would like to hire a professional translator if the funding goal is reached.

That’s another thing: €20 gets you just part of the game. No telling how much that might be in terms of playtime, but this makes it fairly expensive as far as indie games go. Certainly not helping its cause.

1 Like

Yep. And this is the main reason why I haven’t backed it.

It´s absolutely not that I don´t thrust him.
And I´m missspelling much more myself :slight_smile:

But if you ask people for money, you should check everything twice.
I think personaly, not the best english isn´t a problem. But you should at least proof read your text and not have a title that says “Sountrack”

But that´s just my personal opinion.

From what I see, I think these guys did a great job so far.
But from what I see too, it´s just that I don´t think this will work in the estimated time with the aimed amount of money.
I can only back things I believe in. But still, I would love to see this going live anyways.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. But needing to do other work as well definitely doesn’t follow from the conclusion unless he’s broke. It would just mean he’s also investing his own money.

Related: SkateBIRD - in development game - #15 by Frenzie

Because dithered graphics don’t compress well! Everyone knows that! :wink:

Watching the trailer I saw a bar called Smirk’s.
For some reason I have the urge to insult the owner :slight_smile:

Also this Kickstarter campaign fulfills the most important requirement:
It has a pledge tier to put your name in a phone book!

1 Like

and only 130€ from the next stretch goal, which will add an hour of gameplay (and – my guess – delay the release by 6+ months). I’m in on it, though (but not in the phone book).

Just two words: Coin interface!

That’s a thing of the past… I demand at least the Bitcoin interface. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Where every click pays the developer? We’ll only ever get Diablo clones that way!

3 Likes

:joy: Where every hour you remain stuck on a puzzle, you’re unknowingly mining bitcoins.

5 Likes

Also when you combine two objects wrong, you pay bitcoin to the author. And instead of “that doesn’t work” it reads “orange coin good, number go up”.

2 Likes

More information about BASS2:

3 Likes

Disco Elysium (formerly known as No Truce with the Furies) has a release date: October 15th. And it’s coming to GOG (and Steam, of course). While technically a RPG, I’d classify it as narrative game, as even combat plays out via text and multiple choice.

2 Likes

Yep, the campaign for Summer Daze at Hero-U is now live:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/summer-daze-at-hero-u

Seems they are off to a good start. From some of the communication they sent out, there’s this bit

With Summer Daze at Hero-U, we’re refining an adventure game down to its core - story, characters, and choices. […] Moving a small avatar around isn’t any of those. Searching for the right object to pick up isn’t one of those either.

Sounds a lot like the Telltale formula, actually. So I am a bit hesitant … I do like narrative games, but I also like to explore worlds.

3 Likes

I will support them but on a lower tier because it’s not really my cup of tea.
It’s an interactive story.

There is no “hunt the pixel,” juggling dozens of inventory items, or getting lost in a maze. It’s a purer, more focused form of adventure game play.

All the stuff I love about adventure games is not included :slight_smile:

You could classify the Walking Dead formula as a visual novel, but visual novels long predate the Walking Dead. /nitpick

I think the Telltale formula offers much more choice and exploration than you’d expect from a visual novel though, as exemplified by the best game Telltale never made: Oxenfree.

It was practically impossible for me to get through the demo (and I didn’t). Narration/dialog was über slow even with the lowest text delay.