Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

Yeah, that’s what I figured. I was thinking about getting the €69 early bird physical edition, but couldn’t quite convince myself it’s worth even that much (little?) to me. I’ve set a reminder, just in case there might be a great stretch goal within reach towards the end, but since they seem to already have a publisher for distribution, it might make more sense to grab a regular boxed copy later. Shouldn’t be much more than €25 either.

What really puzzles me is the comparatively low amount they were after. Just playing it safe? Or was the whole Kickstarter more meant as a marketing and publicity scheme? Oh well … whatever it is, certainly was a big success :slight_smile:.

Hm… will there be a boxed version? (But it’s likely with Headup games as a publisher. :))

This is mentioned in the Kickstarter description (cite): “Thanks to a funding by the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and our own crossfinancing through other projects, we were able to already finish a huge part of the game.”

The company behind the game is a (small) TV studio that produces several well known TV shows in Germany. More information about the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg are here:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s quite accurate. According to the video, they are digitally scanning the backgrounds and processing them in 3D, so I don’t think we actually just get a bitmap background with digital objects in them – I think it’s like a pure 3D environment texture-mapped with the original photo plates. Kind of like the “old-school” techniques used in The Matrix (wow, that’s considered old now? LOL!)

Tell me about it! My backer number is 3,075 and it’s only been a few days.

Anyway, it looks very good and intriguing. I still am not convinced too much about the story itself, but the designers seem enthusiastic and well established with a creative background. Kinda like how I originally got acquainted with Thimbleweed Park. :slight_smile:

Plus the production technique is brilliant and makes for some fascinating environments steep with atmosphere. (I also must say that Mr. Gilbert’s endorsement of the project is a factor in my decision.)

I am excited for this one. :slight_smile:

-dZ.

Re-watching the video, I noticed that I was wrong. It seems to be a 3D geometric model built on top of the physical filmed plates. However, they seem to be very meticulous, so as long as the models are built right, I don’t see why the lighting would be a problem.

Well, this video shows what I originally thought:

Each individual object and scenery element is modelled in 3D geometry, and the whole thing is then re-projected with the original background plate for texture. It’s definitely intriguing! :slight_smile:

-dZ.

MegaSphere:-

Steam Link- It’s in Early Access:-

Demo Version:-

1 Like

Hm… That looks more like a platformer. Has anyone played it?

1 Like

I have. It still has few bugs. But it has really fantastic graphics … I love it.

Could be a Metroidvania. Music is nice.

Here’s the OST:-
First one-

Second one-

Njoy!

2 Likes

I might misunderstand what you are saying and for that I am sorry, but isn’t it actually the other way around? :slight_smile:

When they use photogrammetry (the technique used in Trüberbrook) a computer makes the 3D models from the pictures, therefor from the real world models. So in a way we WILL be walking inside these little dioramas. Without the real world models there would be no game backgrounds to project textures back on.

Yes, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear, that’s what I meant. I was just pointing out that the 3D geometry applies to the entire world model, and that it wasn’t just a bitmap picture of the backgrounds with 3D objects in it: the world is actually built from the 3D model derived from the dioramas, and then the diorama plates are re-projected back as textures on the model. Therefore, there shouldn’t be any lighting issues.

-dZ.

P.S. I backed the project. Anybody else here did?

Yes, I did. (And @Nor_Treblig backed the game too - see the posts about Trüberbrook above).

1 Like

Awesome! :slight_smile:

So it´s by the guys who did the two Neo Magazine Royale Games?

Those were short and sweet (certainly good for beginners, even though many of the in jokes might be lost on most) does this mean there won´t be a third one this year?

Got ya :wink:

Yup, me too! Hope more will as I would love to reach some of those strech goals. The whole prologue sounds great but it would also be great to reach the making-of video.

It’s not an adventure game and probably I wouldn’t be able to play that kind of game (I suck at platforming) but both the pixel graphics and the music are gorgeous! Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Steam says it is :slight_smile: (It’s a Metroidvania, I guess the adventure tag applies to most of those.)

How is it going with Cuphead and your new controller?

1 Like

No time for that thing, yet, but I’ll seriously do it during the Christmas holidays, when I usually have more time.

Good luck, people who are good at platforming say it´s hard as beep.

Understandable.

I’m sure there are or will be cheats/trainer for people who just want to enjoy the graphics.
Normally I’m not a fan of cheats but if otherwise I wouldn’t play a game at all, why not.