Under development adventure games that are worth a mention

I was following Francisco Gonzalez’s development of “Lamplight City” but I didn’t mention it in this thread because I was worried by the fact that he didn’t have a publisher and that the publishing of the game was a bit uncertain. But now I’m very happy to know that the game has finally found a publisher and I can’t wait to play it, which reminds me of “Gabriel Knight”.

He is also the artist behind “Shardlight” (a collaboration with Wadjeteye Games), released in 2016. Here are a few screenshots:

2 Likes

I too just stumbled upon Lamplight City and was intrigued by the looks of it. I’ve seen comparisons to GK1 before but never really felt that. To me it is a hard flashback to The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The case of the serrated scalpel - something about the shading of orange in the night time shots which TLFSH also did :slight_smile:

The Detail:

Looks great to me. Especially the black & white parts.

(this one is already released, btw)

I think that it’s not under development, I see it on Steam:

Yes, I didn’t know where else to post :slight_smile:

Then create a new topic. :slight_smile:

Another Kickstarter Project:
Gibbous - a Cthulhu Adventure

A comedy cosmic horror point and click adventure game with a transyllvanian Twist.

Check it out on

There is a nice demo ready to download (Win, Mac and Linux)

I enjoyed it. Great graphics, nice voice-acting and good puzzles.

Have Fun.

3 Likes

I’ve just come across a new point and click game in development called Future Flashback.

http://www.futureflashbackgame.com/

I recognised the name of the artist, Ricardo Juchem, and realised he did the really cool pixel drawing of Nighthawks as posted by @LowLevel in this post.

There’s very little information about the game at the moment since it’s not due to release until 2019. Also the premise described on their website is sliiiiightly cheesy to me (and done before), but the artwork and style is enough for me to keep an eye on it.

2 Likes

It looks nice, there are also a few videos about the gameplay:

The blue/fuchsia neon lights remind me of another under development adventure game (VirtuaVerse), with pixel art made by Valenberg:

Valenber is really a master of this kind of style:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I missed that. It looks quite good. The dialogue is a bit patchy but I guess it’s only a tutorial.

Ooh, that’s pretty. I’ll check that out too, thanks.

A few days ago, Francisco González‏ shared the official promo art of Lamplight City, made by Karen Petrasko (her art gallery).

I like it a lot and it matches very well with the visual style of the game, here it is (click it to see the details):

2 Likes

There is a new gameplay footage of Saint Kotar, the horror adventure game already discussed in a previous post on this same thread.

Here is the new video:

K’NOSSOS, a Classic Point-and-Click Sci Fi Adventure Game:

The Kickstarter is now live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1995524156/truberbrook-a-nerd-saves-the-world

2 Likes

That looks pretty good. Reminds me of that other upcoming one, Harold Halibut.

… and funded. (Wow)

My backer number is around 1200, did I really come so late to the party?
Wow, great to see so much support for an adventure game from a smaller developer on Kickstarter again, it’s like the good old days!

1 Like

No. You have backed within the first 48 hours. :slight_smile: AFAIK there was a Twitter(?) post from Jan Böhmermann that made the Kickstarter (more) popular. Beside that, there were several reports in the press.

i’m a bit torn if I should back this or not. It sounds like plenty of fun, but most screenshots seem to have brown and grey as predominant colors. Maybe those were all the rage in the '60s, but I find them a bit … challenging to look at. OTOH, I have to admit that I am a secret adorer of Nora Tschirner, especially in her role as Halluzinelle in Ijon Tichy: Space Pilot. So there’s incentive to play the game … tough decision.

As the game has reached the funding goal you could just wait for the release (and some reviews). Or are you interested in some of the backer exclusive stuff?