Wanted: Adventure games with European voice acting

I always understood “gustapo” [sic]

1 Like

I just double checked and I think those sound clips sound better in the actual game than in that YouTube video. Not by much… but better.

Are those Wolfenstein transcriptions official, or just what the maker of that video could make sense of?
I still can’t make out any words for at least half of it. The samples are bad, the German pronunciation is bad and the grammar is bad. No German speaks like this. If you want to learn German or train any software, avoid this game at all.
And back to adventure games, the submarine in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis has inscriptions supposed to sound German, but they are just nonsensical words.

Similar to Monty Python’s deadly joke, which has some nonsensical words, some real words, but doesn’t make any sense at all.

1 Like

I didn’t check the video in detail, but at a glance it seems to be in agreement with documentation like http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/wolfensteingoodies/docs/The_Official_Hint_Manual_for_Wolfenstein_3d_-_Id_Software_1992.pdf (p. 72) and <www.wolfensteingoodies.com/wolfensteingoodies/docs/PC_Spear_Of_Destiny_Super_CD_Hint_Books_doc.doc> (p. 36). Which the YT description should’ve referenced if that’s what they used as a source. >_>

1 Like