What would you put in Room 101?

Is that quite common in Germany then? I’d hate that. Different types and different brands come up so differently - I can’t imagine taking a punt on it. I’ve only done that before with things like Converse where I know what size fits me.

Yes. Isn’t that common in the UK too? Here the clothing manufacturers decide mainly which and how much products the shops get.

Yes! I have a common size and it’s horrible. Luckily we have still several shoe shops in our city. So the chances aren’t that bad.

I thought that for a long time too. :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn´t say that. Seems to depend on the size and type of the store, I´d guess.

1 Like

Not having one pair per size, no. They often run out of my size though - sometimes I can try it for fit in a different colour or something, then order the colour I want online. Otherwise I won’t risk it.

1 Like

In Italy there’s an on-line shop which is dedicated to clothes and shoes. I has a great feature which makes it competitive against bigger international shops…
Every box comes with a label for a free return.
If the size or the color don’t fit you, you can click “return”, they will collect the item at your place for free, and you will get a full refund.
Last time I bought a pair of shoes, I ordered them in 3 sizes and returned 2 of them. No problem.

What happened with the two shoes you returned (or in other words: what did the shop with them)?

I think that’s a key thing for online shopping. If it’s easier to return I’d be more inclined to buy ‘difficult’ things that way. A lot of UK sites include a label and/or packaging to return stuff in – but they don’t come and pick it up from your door. Mind you, it’s not too much hassle to take it to the post office or a pick-up point. I just still prefer to look at stuff before I buy it.

Reading through this thread I cannot make up my mind whether to be depressed or wanting to turn all this material into a stand-up routine.

2 Likes

Easy. This:

2 Likes

I’d go with that too. But I’m a Brit and we hide our feelings.

1 Like

Yeah I guess, recently depression and humour seems to go hand in and with me. The best thing you sometimes can do is laugh and make jokes about the crap that annoys you most.

And I´m a german and we have no humour!

1 Like

Why? Moaning makes you feel better.

Not only sometimes. :slight_smile: There are occasions where you just can’t laugh. But the most times life is much brighter if you laugh. Especially about the small things. (I know what I’m talking about.)

(Should we keep this rumor alive? :wink: )

Only in one particular situation.

I didn’t wonder.
I simply assumed they sold them to someone else. Obviously to be entitled for the refund you must return the item in mint condition.

Playing tennis? :thinking:

1 Like

Ok. Two situations.

Could be a german proverb.

Or do you mean the jazz standard, if so I´d agree with that!

I´m practically working on it every day. Didn´t you notice? :wink:

1 Like

IMHO it’s an interesting question, because in those shops you only get new ones if you order some …

You can also order it at the store. It’s what I did. :wink:

Or rather I generally order it online or sometimes by mail/phone rather than going by in person, but to the store.

Hm, but that’s pretty much how big international stores like Amazon and Zalando outcompete everybody else.

Note that with remote shopping you have a legally guaranteed viewing period. With local shopping returns are pretty much just a courtesy.

1 Like

Well, if you like shopping and/or your mind isn’t totally made up about your purchase.
You know, I hate shopping, and usually I have a precise idea of what I need. So I generally have to find some time to browse places looking for what I need, wasting a lot of the spare time I prefer to use for other things.
If I know that I need THOSE shoes, what’s better than having them shipped in different sizes to your door, then simply discard the wrong ones? It takes ten minutes to do something that could take an entire afternoon, especially if you’re not into shopping and you don’t know precisely where to go to search.