Where did Ray go? *spoilers!*

Maybe if Ron makes another adv. game, we will get to see where she goes…

Imagine playing another game and at some random point you see Agent Ray being downloaded onto the screen and say:
:ray: Where the heck am I?
Then she wanders off…

That would make a great easter egg!

2 Likes

I´m putting all of my monopoly money on that that´s what they hold out for!

2 Likes

There are several reason why I see this in a different way:

1. I don’t consider Thimbleweed Park a finished game, yet. New features have been added and will be added. New information can be added in the future.
  2. I’m not sure that it would be correct to conclude that some information isn’t in the game only because we have not found it. Thimbleweed Park resources contain stuff that (to the best of my knowledge) has not been shown to any player and we don’t know if that stuff is just a leftover of cancelled parts of the game or stuff that nobody sees because nobody has found/triggered it yet or stuff that will be completed and activated in the future.
  3. It’s possible that we already have all the information needed but nobody has already made a deduction.
  4. Some people think that reaching a conclusion is only one of the many positive effects of discussing a topic.

But then TWP would be an early access game - which it isn’t. And AFAIR Ron said somewhere that the game is finished.

If the players aren’t able to find the necessary information, the story (and the game) would be extremely unfair to the players - and that’s weak game design. Especially if the developers hide the information in the resource file that you can only extract via reverse engineering and appropriate computer knowledge. That would lock out all players without master degree in computer science.

Yes, that’s true. But in this case the game would be unfair too because it hides the information from the player in a extreme “aggressive” and unfair way.

Of course! :slight_smile: