Which songs did you like most?

Is it really? An instrumental song is a song even if nobody sings :smiley:

I mean, I agree with you that the soundtrack isnā€™t ā€œsongsā€, but still, YYZ is a song (and one of the best indeed!) :metal:

Fair enough. Also, Mendelssohn wrote several songs without words in the 19th century.
I usually see people referring to music as song because they just donā€™t know the names of other musical forms. Just the first five terms that came to my mind:

1. song (??? :smile:)
  2. rag (piece of ragtime music)
  3. waltz (music for accompanying a certain dance)
  4. score (music played along a movieā€™s pictures)
  5. march, ā€¦
    Weā€™re getting off topic though, I believe. :slight_smile:

I think the soundtrack is terrific (and I say this as a person who might not be all that over the moon about the game itself to be honest). I absolutely love the creepy Twin Peaks vibe many of the songs give, they both fit the game perfectly and are easily good enough to stand on their own.

I do agree that the first 15 or so seconds of No Quarter did get somewhat repetitive in the game, but the song wasnā€™t bad so it wasnā€™t that much of a big dealā€¦ until I got the vocal version on the soundtrack. What happened there? Itā€™s downright terrible! :frowning: I would much rather only have the original non-vocal version on the soundtrack, but thatā€™s my only complaint. 3.5 / 5

The Hotel song. Especially 1.11 to 1.30 part.

1 Like

Without listening again to refresh my mind Iā€™d say:

1. The Thimbleweed Opener! I always wait for Ron to interrupt this with the podcast intro! :slight_smile:
  2. Hotel Elevator: I always had to laugh when they used this piece in the podcast while time is passing. :smiley: And using this also in the pause menu is just cool!
  3. Quickie Pal with its cool and relaxed reggae vibesā€¦ :mushroom: (I also hear some Scurvy Scallywags references in thereā€¦ :slight_smile: )
2 Likes

Well, finally Iā€™m not the only person in this thread to have the elevator song among the favorite ones. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ending is a wow piece,
I like also Variations, sounds somewhat epic/celebrative.
Circus is very good.