Will we get a new game from Ron Gilbert and Team in near future?

I might be the youngest here but I´m not a programmer at all so maybe you could just use me for publicity like in Remington Steele.

Maybe not :wink:

Same here. I’ll figure out a way to market it to the millenials!

Yeah, I thought that might be true. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Train your kids how to program! And keep them feeding so they never have to earn actual money!

Boom:

1 Like

Should we open a poll “who do you think is the youngest forum member”?

No, it’s me, I’m pretty certain :wink: I was a 90s kid.

What about @TaarakVakil ?

2 Likes

I am definitely younger. :wink:

If you have an idea for a program/game/whatever, please call me. We’ll share the revenue. :wink:

Yes! It’s a shame that in Germany the elementary schools don’t teach how to program. There are a lot of great educational projects that teach kids how to program.

Yes, please!

Actually I was a kid of the end-80s and the beginning-90s. I really wish that there would be a term for that time because especially in Germany it was a great and eventful time (the Berlin wall felt, etc.).

1 Like

I feel another thread split coming…

3 Likes

It’s me. I am a 10-years-old boy!
immagine

8 Likes

So you are one of those pesky Millennials?

Depends on how you define “Millennial”. :wink: I’m still Generation X, but one of the “last” in this Generation. (I was a teenager at the end of the 80s.)

By strict definition I probably should be a millenial too. I did several of these online tests and failed all of them. I don´t fit the description at all and feel completly out of touch with everyone only slightly younger than me, like my brother who is only 3 years younger and a total millenial in all aspects.

Which one? For me a Millennial is a person that was a teenager around the Millennium. But according to Wikipedia even people born in 1980 were considered Millennials …

Apparently we’re called Xennials now…
Though I think it’s silly to try and lump everyone into a generational label.

If you were born between 1977 and 1983, you belong to a group being re-defined as Xennials.
We had analogue childhoods, wedged between Gen X and Millennials, and adapted to a digital revolution in adulthood.

Source: https://www.mamamia.com.au/xennial-generation/

3 Likes

I´ll just boringly quote my own blog post from a few weeks ago:

My generation is often applied with the label “digital natives” however I don´t really feel that way since that would imply that I can´t remember the time before we went digital. However I still vividly remember that since it was actually quite a few years before that.

The first introduction of a computer into my family was the Commodore 64 when I was 4 years old that we got from my cousin who upgraded to a PC. We only used it to play games, but lots of them.

The next thing was the amiga which was the first computer my dad started to work on 3D graphics with. But we mostly played games like Monkey Island with that too. In 1996 my dad got his first Mac and never changed since then.

I got my first own PC at age 11/12 and my first own internet connection at age 15, by then I had already been surfing through various english speaking internet forums for quite a while.

I still had a tube monitor until 2009 and my first bluetooth mouse isn´t even that long ago.

When I was 14 I got my first cellphone, a Nokia, I think I had that same one for 8 years. It was a prepaid because I hardly used it. Then I had another really primitive one for about the same amount of time, I only got my first smartphone at age 30. It´s nice to have a portable computer with you, but I don´t use it for texting because I hate the impersonal easy to misundestand nature of the limited characters.

Our telephones still had cables until the year 2000 and my first flatscreen TV I got in 2013.

My first CD I got at age nine(a collection of Fantasy Movie soundtracks). Before that it was all vinyl and mainly audiocassettes for us. My first DVD player I got for my 16th birthday. When I got my PS3 at age 23 I went for Blu Ray which is still my prefered physical medium for new releases.

We never threw anything away. I still have all the old stuff. I still have my record player and big vinyl collection and even buy new ones now and then. I still have my VHS player hooked up to my flatscreen TV and my VHS collection is still displayed and I have no plans of changing that.

I pretty much grew up with video games, but that never stoped me from playing board games or reading lots and lots of books.

So while I cautiously embraced the new technology I would always be ready to back to the old, I still enjoy that.

I´m still really slow with the whole social media thing though. I started enjoying twitter for the same reason I enjoyed internet forums in the late 90s. For talking to people who live so far away from me I would never have the chance to meet. And that is the part I probably like the most about the global net. But I´m not on Facebook, Instagram and I only used the ICQ Chat in the early 2000nds because many of my friends did, I hated that stupid little Teletubby sound making thing.

Oh and the whole VOD and streaming thing I only begun in the last 2 or 3 years, but I still buy CDs and BluRays.

6 Likes

Well I was born in the 90’s and feel 60+ years old so generational labels are stupid and clearly don’t account for everyone. :joy:

3 Likes

Hm… But then I would be older… :thinking:

How old do you think I am? Those following me on twitter probably can easily deduce my age.

After your posts here in this forum I would have guessed over 40. But that can’t be after reading your cite above. (I’m not on Twitter.)