Zak McKracken video trailer (1990)

I was agreeing with you since the beginning but probably my wacky writing style and twisted sense of humor has confused you.

Isn’t that just a change of language? Wasn’t “nazgul” just their name in black speech?

Oh yeah, that could be it. But everyone else adopts it later on. Maybe the the Witch-king of Angmar also has a proper name, but nobody dared to ask him that.:slight_smile:

Another thing about Zak I was never really sure about. Is “The King” supposed to be THE Elvis Presly who “didn´t die, just went to his home planet” or just a huge interplanetery Elvis Fan? I always assumed it was the latter but I´ve recently heard people believe the former to be the intention.

Maybe I’m missing something, but what argument is this intended to resolve?

None that´s supposed to exist in the first place.

Nice find Zak! Man… I forgot about that footstep sound. It never made sense to me. It’s like they are constantly stepping into something sticky :smiley:

:grinning: That’s perfectly logic, doc. :v:

Thanks everybody for your discourses.
Now I have a clearer idea of the whole thing.

In another topic of this forum, I revealed that I thought that “Alien Mindbenders” meant “the aliens who bend minds”, but actually they are “the machines (of another world) which bend minds”.
That’s all.

I still think that “alien mindbenders” refers to the aliens.

They are mindbenders, because they bend minds, and they’re also aliens. They’re actually called Caponians, but still… raiders of the lost ark. Indy is one of the raiders. Are you going to say “noooo Indiana Jones is a HUMAN, not a RAIDER!” ? I doubt so :stuck_out_tongue: that’s the same thing. Those Caponians are alien mindbenders.

1 Like

Um, I always interpreted it as “the aliens who bend minds”.

More to the point there, the title refers to people who raid Arks, which is why it’s called Raiders of the Lost Ark, not The Raided Lost Ark.

By the way, thanks everybody also for another thing: everyone, in their replies, wrote “Zak McKracken” correctly. Good! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Well, it’s very very possible that I completely misunderstood what David said in that thread but I was under the impression that he confirmed your first interpretation. He said:

The Caponians are aliens/extraterresterials and they bend minds with their machines, so they are Alien Mindbenders.

The two “they” in the quoted sentence both refer to the extraterrestrials, not to the machines.

This time I wrote it myself instead of copying-and-pasting it from Wikipedia. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You fully understood, and David confirmed that in his post.
Here’s the whole thing:

He was very clear, but I wanted, in this post, tickle your minds.
I am a mindbender, too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, I understand. The Caponians are huge fans of bending their minds, but it’s illegal on their home planet because it has some sort of mindbending effect. So they brought the machines to Earth, where they can engage in recreational mindbending without getting arrested by the alien authorities. Makes perfect sense. There’s obviously no room for misinterpretation.

OMG, what have I done?? :dizzy_face:

Hey, I got that info straight from Zach MacKhrakkin. Surely it must be completely accurate.

Don’t worry. Zak McKracken gave me the real story.

1 Like

Wow, just wow. Absolulty everybody again manages to miss the point, be completly wrong and disregard any kind of reasonable and sound logic, but hey as long as everybody´s happy.

As I´ve said I´m out of this “discussion” for good:

But what’s the point that’s being missed?

Pefectly legal on the Capon home world. Their government used all the time as a mindwashing technique for dissidents. But on other planets, they’re using it as a means to dominate/take over the population by making people stupider than themselves… they’re actually smart enough to realize that most other planets’ populations have way more brains than they do… hence their technological world domination equipment.

2 Likes

I understand the skolarians are really old, I mean really really old right? And they knew about the caponian menance because they travel around the universe looking for worlds with races stupider than themselves also both longer than humanity even existed. So for some reason the skolarians knew of the caponian menace, that they would eventually arrive on earth so they hid all the pieces of their shielding device for humans to protect themselves(meaning they also knew everything about the caponian technique). But after the events of Zak it´s implied that humanity has evolved in some sort way like in Childhood´s End that they´re capable of telepathy and so on. So not only Zak and Annie won (finding each other) but in the end the whole thing had a positive effect on humanity as well!