[Community Game] guess these Thimbleweed Park locations and grab the prizes! šŸŽ

This game is a bit different from the previous ones, because it is also an opportunity for all of us to visit Thimbleweed Park again. :slight_smile:

Here is how the game works: I show you 30 images of ā€œthingsā€ from Thimbleweed Park and for each of them you tell me IN WHICH EXACT LOCATION the game shows it.

There is also a twist: if you want, you can play Thimbleweed Park and search for these locations. :slight_smile:

Rules

1. Remember: the game is about in which location I can see the ā€œthingā€ or from which location I can see it. Please, be detailed in the description of each place. If place X is very big and contains several sub-locations, I wonā€™t accept the generic answer ā€œitā€™s in place Xā€. If place X is a big room, please tell me in which part of the room that ā€œthingā€ is. A good answer would be: ā€œItā€™s a glass on the rightmost table of the hotel hall.ā€.

2. Send to me a SINGLE :arrow_forward: PRIVATE :arrow_backward: message containing all your answers. Multiple messages will be ignored, only the first one counts.

3. Whoever guesses the highest quantity of places, wins.

4. In case of a draw, whoever was quicker to send me the answers wins.

5. Please, please, please, please, please, DONā€™T comment in this public thread about any of the images, even if that comment seems harmless to you.

6. You have 96 hours (four days) to send me your answers (check the date and time of this post).

Prizes

The winner will get Steam keys for the following games:

1. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  2. Grim Fandango Remastered
  3. Full Throttle Remastered

The winner will need to give an email address to Humble Bundle and they will give him/her the Steam keys.

A small advice to win the prizes

In the past, a similar game was won by somebody who submitted just two correct answers. You can win even if you recognize only a few places. Just give it a try, you have nothing to lose!

Here come the ā€œthingsā€ā€¦

IMPORTANT: Some ā€œthingsā€ have been resized to better show their details, so donā€™t make any assumption about the actual size of the ā€œthingsā€ in the game.

Image number 1:

Image number 2:

Image number 3:

Image number 4:

Image number 5:

Image number 6:

Image number 7:

Image number 8:

Image number 9:

Image number 10:

Image number 11:

Image number 12:

Image number 13:

Image number 14:

Image number 15:

Image number 16:

Image number 17:

Image number 18:

Image number 19:

Image number 20:

Image number 21:

Image number 22:

Image number 23:

Image number 24:

Image number 25:

Image number 26:

Image number 27:

Image number 28:

Image number 29:

Image number 30:

2 Likes

Number 7 is from Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, opening sequence, basement:

3 Likes

ThatĀ“s what it seems like, but no.

I like this one! I might even enter. Some of those are nail-bitingly familiarā€¦

You should!

What about an appetizer? Can you tell me where the following thing is? I was tempted to include it in the game but I wasnā€™t sure how tough or easy it would have been:

IĀ“ve entered. IĀ“ll rate the difficulty easy-medium/hardā€¦doesnĀ“t make sense, does it? :confused:

I know it, can I answer, too?

Sure! If you want, use spoiler tags. :slight_smile:

ItĀ“s the antenna on top of the trailer opposite of RansomeĀ“s where you pick up the missing page of his jokebook after reaching it via the trampoline.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t looked at Milanā€™s answer but I * think * itā€™s the aerial among the circus trailers, that Ransomeā€™s joke book page gets stuck toā€¦

2 Likes

Letā€™s see if this other place confuses you a bitā€¦

This confused me ingame because I wanted to enter this one sooooo badly! :grimacing:

Likewise! I wasnā€™t sure why that was a walkable area.

Right, Iā€™m submitting my answers. I hope theyā€™re descriptive enough. Some are slight guesses. This was fun, thanks @LowLevel!

Thanks to this game I noticed something Iā€™ll post in the dedicated thread, but only when the game will be over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I drink my morning coffeeā€¦

ā€¦ I thought to add a few comments about this game, starting from the fact that itā€™s quite funny to check whether the submitted answers are correct or not.

While I chose images of ā€œthingsā€ that appear in only one specific location, some images can be deceiving. Some of them are intentionally deceitful, meaning that I chose them because I expected that people might confuse them for something else, other times I didnā€™t expect them to confuse anyone but it turns out that people are consistently connecting very different places. Hypothesizing why people make that connection is a little personal game Iā€™m playing.

I will be more specific when the game will be over and Iā€™m collecting statistics about how often/easily a place has been recognized by the contestants.

Actually, I think that it does make sense. Iā€™ve mixed very easy things with more puzzling things.

By the way, here is another place that I think might be a bit difficult to recognize. Any thoughts?

It would be interesting for me to see how good the developers would be at this game. :smiley:

I hope that this posts doesnā€™t stimulate anyone to comment publicly on specific images; please donā€™t do that, the game is still running and I almost got in trouble the last time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, what the heck, Iā€™ll just do it:

Hi @RonGilbert, @jenn, @David, @OctaviNavarro, @boosegoose, @robert.megone : would you like to show us how good you are at recognizing places of the game you created? :stuck_out_tongue:

:arrow_forward: Please, donā€™t give your answers in this public thread :arrow_backward: Instead, follow the rules written in the first post and send to me a private message.

I will not accept you as official contestants. Iā€™m just curious to see if some images confuse you. :slight_smile:

P.S. When the game will be over, your results will be shared publicly, especially if you sucked at it. :neutral_face:

Thatā€™s not fair: they have access to all the image files, they can quickly check them for the correct answers :grinning:

Well, we can also check our answers by playing the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea what that isā€¦ Is it quite zoomed in?