A few little suggestions

I’m not BigRedVButton, but that happens in my version (1296.849, linux, from gog) too.
You can reproduce this by starting the game, let a character say something and then hit space. The font looks less smooth the instant the game pauses.

Before pausing

When paused

Don’t you have the characters bended a little bit backwards when they’re running. I have that behaviour from time to time, but I think it may be more an X problem than a TWP problem.

@RonGilbert @backpatcher
That’s exactly what I mean.

On this forum, both screenshots are scaled by the browser. When you’re playing the game with the physical resolution of your monitor, it’s more visible, of course.
The dialog lines will not be anti-aliased again until you quit and restart the game.

Two screenshots from my device:

@RonGilbert This has nothing to do with X as it happens on Windows too. But please don’t fix it, without anti-aliasing it looks much better anyway!

1 Like

Interesting. I think I know what is causing this.

Nearest-neighbor interpolation might make sense for the retro font. But, for the default font, I would prefer anti-aliasing.

Oh yeah? Then maybe we shouldn’t use nearest-neighbour when upscaling the background too when default font is enabled… :scream:

I have a small suggestion, not big enough for a separate subject.

Right before pushing the last tube at the very end, I wanted Delores to go out and look around once more.
But Delores was very decisive in not wanting to leave the place, however doubtful she was about pushing the last tube.

Couldn’t she get a bit more freedom over there? I’m reading there were still some tidbits to discover in the wireframe world and it would feel more like it was my own decision to finish the game, which was very much about the existence of free will at that moment.

1 Like