Adventure games bought during GOG and Steam summer sales 2017

I dunno, isn´t it supposed to be white, as in pale?

People who want it to get on GOG can vote here: Milkmaid of the Milky Way wisthlist entry

1 Like

Still stuck. I’m at home with a rotten cold, so I think that justifies me asking for a hint.

So far, I’ve turned the dinosaur into oil. I’ve found some more oil on the upper level of each time period, and realise I can make it flow, or not. I’ve also realised there’s a level underneath the oil that I can’t currently reach, but I can’t get the fossilised rock thing down there.

Am I at least on the right lines?

:pill:

I would think so, but I belive you might be missing something. Sorry can´t be more detailed it´s been over a year since I last played that part.

Okay thanks :smile: :+1:

Good.

It’s been some time, I don’t remember any other oil. If this is what I think it is you should take a closer look at it.

Yeah, I’m starting to think it’s not that now.

Okay, noted, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

is Vooju Island a good game??

I have not played it yet, but I have recently finished a shorter game that could be considered a spin-off: “Duke Grabowski: Mighty Swashbuckler” (and it was very “meh”, but it costs just a few bucks).

Yeah, Will Tiller was the Lead Artist on MI3… and he is a great artist, always does a great job art-wise, but storytelling deserves more attention…

I have played the game exactly for that: I wanted to explore environments drawn by him.

I was already aware of the “meh” quality of the story but that’s OK for a very short game. It would have been more difficult to finish the game if I had to stay in that bland plot for a very long time.

I only ran a Let’s Play video of Vooju Island in the background while I was doing other activities. According to the comments from the youtuber, a lot of puzzles are disappointing and there were several bugs, whereas other parts of the game were convincing. All in all, he had mixed feelings on the game. Maybe Ron should consider to engage Will Tiller as a pure 2D artist, if he decides to create a 2D point & click game with drawn artworks - especially if it takes place in the Caribbean. :wink:

MI3 looked awesome even if I think it wasn’t a good style for MI. Grabowski looks like shit though. Terrible cheap 3D (even for backgrounds it seems) with candy vomit colors I would expect from a Care Bears cartoons. For something that’s supposed to be a MI rip off this really missed the mark for me, I wouldn’t play this game if it was free. Yuck.

yeah…sometimes it just doesnt work…sad

A Vampyre Story” also had that kind of vividly coloured backgrounds. Did you dislike it as well?

The background graphics were cheesy and it has this very digital art feeling but I didn’t hate it. I remember disliking the character models though. Still, the major weak point of this game was something else to me - the attempts to be funny, mostly by the sidekick bat. It was so annoying I didn’t even finish the game.

Vampire Story was better… better story and jokes than previous ones… Will is always trying to do 2.5D games. He is using Unity3D mostly…not always.

I was working on VS2… I guess it has never been finished.

I believe, he is desperate to get job now…