Also stuck in the sewer (but I know my alphabet!)

When I didn’t speak English that well because I was 12 or 13 it was a cute visual joke; when I played it with my wife sometime early in this decade she picked up on the it immediately (before me) because of the wordplay.

So here’s two who don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I must agree with Frenzie and disagree with you again, my friend :blush:

I admit it wasn’t a good puzzle but I didn’t hate it. I solved it quickly, mostly by chance. As soon as I picked up Jojo I knew I should have used it in an abusive way. The fact of keeping it in my pocket was a cruelty to animals itself, indeed. So I was just waiting for the right moment. When I saw a misterious huge rusty pump I thought: “what a better place than this for a nonsense exploitation of a poor monkey?”

Et voilà.

2 Likes

I just thought he looked like a wrench back in the day… no English knowledge required. I might’ve thought he was larger or smaller than required for that particular puzzle though, so there was a bit of “let’s try it anyway” kind of chance involved.

I’m more on board with the rubber ducky puzzle. I solved it without too much difficulty (at least after the initial hurdle), but essentially with no purpose even though I was already aware of the metro station issue.

If I like a game I just tinker with the game world without necessarily having a clear purpose behind my actions. Or in the rubber ducky’s case, I want that duck and a purpose may present itself later.

(Perhaps surprisingly I like Primordia a lot, even though there you definitely have to take a more A to B approach… savegames help.)

1 Like