Are adventure games dead?

Are adventure games dead?

• Yes
  • No
  • The correct answer is on page 42 in the hint book.

0 voters

Yes! Next question.

1 Like

But taking a closer look there are three votes spread across all three questions. However there now is an inexplicable 34 % on “no” instead of 33 which doesn´t make any sense(except to reach perfectly hundred which also shouldn´t be possible, all questions should have 33,3333333…).

Interesting…so in which banana republic did you take your democracy course, discourse? The united states?

1 Like

Shhht. I spent 8 hours on Friday trying to get our software to equally split four 10-euro items between three people. The best solution we found was to have one of the people pay 4 cents more than the others.

1 Like

Uh… this is a MAGIC seven!

2 Likes

I don’t know if I can answer that as a ‘yes’ or ‘no’. I’m far too woolly for that.

That’s why I have provided a third option …

1 Like

“Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny.” - Frank Zappa

Same with adventure games…

4 Likes

btw: Can you explain why you are too “woolly”? :slight_smile: (Resp. why you can’t decide.)

I think the best decision for starters was choosing the word “woolly”. I like that.

1 Like

I just meant that it’s not that black and white to me. I don’t think adventure games in their broadest sense are dead, but old-style point-and-click ones perhaps are.

I’m naturally quite a woolly person and tend to endlessly mull over things instead of having a yes/no opinion. It’s probably why I’m so indecisive (and why I did much better at uni than A Levels!)

1 Like

So that´s where the “indeciding” in your biographies (well except the one in the forum here) comes from.

You mean such with a SCUMM (like) interface?

Ah yes, it is. I probably couldn’t decide whether to include it on here.

I meant any point-and-click, as opposed to games like Firewatch or The Witness (this is probably going to re-open that debate about what an adventure game is, but that’s kind of my point!)

2 Likes

P’n’C is not dead. It just smells woolly.

robijn4

6 Likes

But aren’t there far more (new) PnC games than “walking simulators”? For example the Daedalic games. Or the many indie games like “The Darkside Detective” …

Probably, but they’re not as popular.

The other relevant quote here is “it’s not dead, it’s just resting”.

1 Like

Leave it as it is though. I think it´s funny that only a few people get it. And it makes me remember when LowLevel and I told you that all you needed for that badge was to fill out the bio info, and that bio reads like an answer to that. :slight_smile:

Probably, but they’re not as popular.

…and? Again, why do we care about popularity as long as it’s out there for those who enjoy them?

The other relevant quote here is “it’s not dead, it’s just resting”.

In his house at TerribleToybox dead Point&Clic waits dreaming

2 Likes