During the years I have read several articles in which the authors stated that point-and-click adventure games are still particularly popular in Germany: there are several software companies that develop adventure games and an interesting percentage of people buy this kind of games.
From the external perspective of someone who doesn’t know German society, I have always assumed that this was true, because those articles that I read or those interviews that I watched made statements that were in part based on the quantity of adventure games sold in the German market.
As you can understand, my respect for them is quite high: people in the gaming industry talk about Germany as a paradise for adventure games and adventure gamers.
So, I have a few questions for all the German friends who are here in the TWP forums:
- Is it true? Are adventure games more popular in Germany than in other countries? (as a percentage of sold games)
- If yes, why did it happen especially in Germany?
- If yes, does it happen in other countries around the world?
- If no, why did this rumor spread?
- Can @RonGilbert disclose how well TWP sold in Germany, of course avoiding precise figures?