Big Thimbleweed Park Anniversary Celebrations!

Liked it a lot.

Ron should have been a comedian.

Thanks so much.

It brought back a lot of memories.

(When he was talking about verbs, I wish he would have distinguished between “verbs on screen” and “verbs in a context-menu.”)

I already look forward to the second-year podcast :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Enjoyed the podcast a lot. And I think @David ´s analogy with “The Artist” was spot on.

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

I also thought @RonGilbert ´s conclusion that the artist did not start a trend of silent movies was a good comparison. I really think we have to consider Thimbleweed Park a unique thing.

Oh and very interesting that you´re into VR now. Other than Ron it doesn´t make me sick and I find it really fascinating. I play several hours a day and hope there are more exciting things to come with this technology that now is already better than it has ever been!

3 Likes

And this isn’t a bad thing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve gotten motion sick in VR (as well as first-person-shooters!), but I’ve also had long emersions without getting sick at all. I’m fairly susceptible, but mostly when there are quick camera moves that aren’t under my control, or with underpowered equipment (when there’s a perceivable lag in imagery to my head movements).

I still haven’t purchased any equipment. Since I’m Mac-based, it most likely means getting a Windows computer, along with whatever gear is best at the time. I still have a few non-VR projects I need to complete, so am using my will power to hold off getting VR hardware until afterwards, or I’ll never finish my old projects!

3 Likes

Working on it…

3 Likes

Is it just me or does it seem at one point when Gary is joking about a law that forbids to not make any profit on a project that Ron cuts him off when he was just about to say the “T” word? It doesn´t seem intentional though but I don´t think he regretted changing the topic there either.

After hearing the podcast I want to hug @RonGilbert so much.
I wish him all the best. Him and his team.
TWP was the best (game) experience I had in the last couple of years, and I want to thank him. All day, every day. :heart:

1 Like

Finally listened to it. I thought it was great. A perfect ending. I wasn’t expecting anything once the game shipped so it was nice they put the time in to do this.

Hearing their voices again gave me a rush of nostalgia for the development days. I nearly teared up - they had me at ‘smartstache’.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing when I listened to it. It sounded to me like an edit in post. Gary didn’t even trail off, it just cut him off completely…
But I’m glad they didn’t venture into “T” territory since we hear enough about that already.

2 Likes

And it was obvious enough what he was referring to, anyway.

1 Like

Do you have a time marker for this? I’d like to check it out. I don’t remember editing anything out of the podcast, so it might be an error.

It is at about 20:05, but don’t sweat it @RonGilbert it was just my imagination.
Upon second listen it sounds like Gary just stopped himself.
The first time I listened to the podcast I was walking down the street in the rain.

What is the “T” word?

Which one is the “T-word”? :thinking:

I thought Tim Schafer at first. Then one of your less commercially successful games starting with a T. But neither make any sense, so I listened again, I think they meant just plain ol’ Trump.

2 Likes

What about the whole story David told about a donkey? (49:45)

1 Like

In that bit Gary jokes about the current administration forbidding to lose money by law. And he seemed to be just about to namedrop a certain person whose idea that would be. I don´t know maybe you all just naturally would´ve changed the topic anyway.

1 Like

:ransome: Trump… since Gary was talking about the new government.