[Community game] "Franklin's friends": guess the games and win the prizes! šŸŽ

Donā€™t worry about me: I already had submitted, without knowing the game referenced by the image # 3.

The game has ended and Iā€™m counting the correct answers. Iā€™ll announce the correct answers and the winner in about an hour. :slight_smile:

A prayer for the future: please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, donā€™t publicly comment about the images while the competition is still running.

Itā€™s not about me, itā€™s about the person who might not get the prizes because someone else was helped by the public comments.

Correct answers and the winner

First of all, thanks to all the 8 people who have officially submitted their answers. :slight_smile:

There are also two additional people who didnā€™t officially join the competition but wanted to submit some answers anyway, just for the fun of it. Thatā€™s the spirit! :slight_smile:

This has been so far the community competition with the highest number of participants.

The correct answers

(by default, Iā€™ll link Steam pages but you can find many of these games on GOG.com as well)

Game number 1: Haunted

Game number 2: Kingā€™s Quest 4

Game number 3: Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis

Game number 4: Sanitarium

Game number 5: A Vampyre Story

Game number 6: Legend Of Kyrandia III

Game number 7: The Curse of Monkey Island

Game number 8: Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun

Game number 9: Blackwell Unbound

Game number 10: Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

Game number 11: 5 Days a Stranger

Game number 12: Lost Horizon

Game number 13: Annaā€™s Quest

Game number 14: The Book of Unwritten Tales

Game number 15: The Dig

Game number 16: Goodbye Deponia

Game number 17: Return to Mysterious Island

Game number 18: Dark Fall: Lost Souls

Game number 19: Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space: Whatā€™s New, Beelzebub?

Game number 20: The Lost Crown

Game number 21: Midnight Scenes: The Highway

Game number 22: The Darkside Detective

And the winner isā€¦

Click HERE to reveal the winner!

The winner is @Sushi ! :trophy: :tada:

Congratulations!

Sushi won with 10 correct answers, he was also the only person who got ā€œ5 Days a Strangerā€ which is, storywise, one of the best horror PnC adventure games Iā€™ve played in the past. :slight_smile:

I will send to him a link to get the prizes! :gift:

Fun facts

There wasnā€™t a game that was correctly guessed by everybody, not even the super-popular Lucas games.

These were the games that nobody correctly recognized:

• Legend Of Kyrandia III [which surprises me a bit]
  • Annaā€™s Quest
  • Return to Mysterious Island
  • The Lost Crown [which surprises me a bit]

The PnC adventure game by Octavi Navarro was recognized by 50% of the contestants. [which surprises me a bit]

Thanks for participating, folks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On a personal note, let me tell you that not joining these competitions sucks a bit, because I have the impression that I might be a decent contender. :stuck_out_tongue:

The funny part of creating one of these competitions, though, is that I donā€™t necessarily know the games that I add to the list, because of the methodology that I use to find/select the games.

So, Iā€™ll try to participate in some way, listing the games that I might have guessed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Games Iā€™m sure I would have recognized:

• Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis
  • Blackwell Unbound
  • Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
  • Lost Horizon
  • Annaā€™s Quest
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales
  • Dark Fall: Lost Souls
  • Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space: Whatā€™s New, Beelzebub?
  • Midnight Scenes: The Highway
  • The Darkside Detective

Games that I know but that probably I wouldnā€™t have recognized:

• The Curse of Monkey Island
  • 5 Days a Stranger
  • The Dig
  • The Lost Crown

Games that I know but that for sure I wouldnā€™t have recognized:

• Sanitarium
  • A Vampyre Story
  • Return to Mysterious Island
  • Legend Of Kyrandia III
  • Goodbye Deponia

Games that I donā€™t know and I wouldnā€™t have recognized:

• Haunted
  • Kingā€™s Quest 4
  • Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun
2 Likes

I was wondering when you had the time to play all those games, but now I know that you donā€™t necessarily have played them to create the contest! :smiley:

Itā€™s fun how memory works.

The only one I knew for sure because I remembered it vividly was the one from MI3.

However the one from Indy Atlantis popped into my head as an animation. I remembered that ghost moving around on a stage and I thought ā€œif I remember this scene, I played it, so it must be a classic Lucasā€, and the sprite size and style helped me reduce the number of candidates.

And The Digā€¦ I recognized the background style. The colors, the shading, I was 100% sure it was The Dig even if I canā€™t remember at all what the hell that was supposed to be or where it happens.

Iā€™ve played the game but I havenā€™t recognized the ghost either. For me it isnā€™t surprising because I played the game 1994 (when it was released) and the ghost was a minor important character. You forget these characters much quicker. And I think this is the reason why this community game was more difficult. :slight_smile:

Congratulations to @Sushi!

Yes, itā€™s interesting that each game has itā€™s very own style. So you can guess the game just from the visual style. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Werenā€™t goldfishes renowned for their LACK of memory?

2 Likes

Congratulations to @Sushi!

I was reminded of The Dig (of which I only watched a Letā€™s Play up to now), too, due to the color palette, but I didnā€™t remember that particular animation. :grin:

I participated and out of those I havenĀ“t guessed I actually played Lost Horizon and Sam & Max Beyond Time and Spaceā€¦whoops! :hushed:

I really donā€™t know which contests were more difficult but if I focus on the percentage of games that were correctly recognized, then the ā€œSidekick gameā€ was apparently tougher for the people who decided to submit answers.

Thatā€™s how I approach it. And then I google to check for consistency if it is a game I never played.

Although I did play KQ4 just a couple of years back and got that wrong (although it was one of the creepiest moments ever) - I went with the colonelā€™s bequest, which is also Sierra in my defence.

So if you would have played, YOU would have won. Congratulations!

Perhaps I should host the next round, so you can participate as well!

Well, it would have been a draw. :slight_smile:

Participating would be nice!

I have already some material for a new game and I should be able to publish it the next week, but feel free to create another game whenever you want. The more the games, the more the fun! :slight_smile:

ThatĀ“s some heavy existential stuff right there!

I can only second that. :slight_smile: These games are really fun, thanks @LowLevel! (And create more games :smile: ).

Nothing a TWP player canā€™t take! :ray: :franklin: :delores:

An update about this contest: Sushi already had the first three games of the Blackwell series, so he asked me to give them to the runner up.

The runner up was @ZakPhoenixMcKracken , who was the first person (on Nov 6, 10:31 AM - CET) who sent to me 8 correct answers! :trophy:

Congratulations to him as well ! :slight_smile:

1 Like