Delores: Dutch translation

My bad.

My PR is out now :smiley: sorry for the wait.

You can’t. You’ll have to “fork” it on GitHub and push to your fork. :slight_smile:

aaaaaaah… ok
So all those other git manuals I had been reading and videos I was watching…
basically I just need this 2 minute explanation (even 60s of it was enough)

I don’t see the change - even though git claims the file IS changed?

https://github.com/guga2112/DeloresDev/blob/DutchArt/SpriteSheets/StartScreen.png

I just changed the PSD file.

Feeling :ram:-ish now

Excellent! :+1:

Forking and PRs aren’t standard Git workflow but something built on top of Git in many of these platforms. tl;dr you don’t want to give just anyone the ability to mess things up. xD

or the ability to continue after 6 weeks
I seem to have forgotten all about how to pull/fetch/fork/branch, leaving me without any clue as to how I can get the latest changes.

Anyway…

@guga, I noticed an error in the StartScreen.psd on the NL version of the “click here to continue” layer:
the first word should be “en” instead of “uen”

I’d change it myself, but I seem to be missing the correct fonts in PS. And then there’s that awfully demotivating git firewall sitting in between having fun and me. :confused:

1 Like

It will need some time :stuck_out_tongue: I’m currently at the hospital now.

Nothing serious (a planned knee surgery) but still away from my computer for a couple of days

3 Likes

Take care!!

2 Likes

I’m back home!

So, is it only the “uen” -> “en”?

:+1:
Let me proofread once more :grin:

I was also wondering more in general how we should tackle these titlecards and startscreens. If I understand correctly, the psd file needs to be converted into a long png, which has each language at a fixed, different location and then the dinky file contains the coordinate for each language.
If that is so, we best have 1 person to take care of that - to avoid merge conflicts in our PR (like I had on the language selection). Would that be you, @Guga?

1 Like

The conversion is done by the python scripts. However I’m just changing the PSD currently, since I also have to do the Spanish ones :smile: I’ll let you know once I’m done, if I only change the PSD (and I’m the only one who does so) we should have no conflicts

1 Like

BTW, do you want me to draw the “Coming soon” banner on the pillowbear store in Dutch? I’m drawing it in Spanish now

1 Like

Thank God I saved my intermediate files from the Italian version :stuck_out_tongue: quite easy when 11 letters out of 12 are the same

1 Like

Yes please!
“Binnenkort”

If you could also replace Nickle by “Nikkel” for the dutch version, that would be awesome!

1 Like

It can be easily done, the problem is that this image isn’t planned for translation, so I need to create the _en and _nl layers and check they get loaded correctly. I’m not sure it’s the best thing to do with only 6 days to the deadline.

Plus, what about these instances?

Wouldn’t these three create an inconsistency?

I’ll now work on the Spanish art and the Dutch coming soon banner, then if time remains, we can try with the Nikkel :wink:

Not every sign should be translated. Names, like Nickel News, often don’t.

For Italian I added the “coming soon” banner because it had a corresponding hotspot and I didn’t like the discrepancy between mouse over and art, otherwise I’d have left it.

And now I’m doomed to draw it in all other languages but hey, I needed a creative hobby, so I’m fine with it

1 Like