Describe a videogame with only 3 emoji

Very close! What is its grandfather, then?

The Ancient Art of War is also the grandfather of my game.

Edit: although there are other possibilities in that general area.

The first japanese release of the title is even earlier than that one you posted… Think of all the emojis, everyone of them tell something about the game and its interface…

In that case I think Bokosuka Wars is the only option. Well, besides me never having heard of it if it’s something else. That’s also an option. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, it isn’t that one. It has a similar interface as Defender of the Crown…

Lords of the Rising Sun?

1 Like

Well, I guess that removes Utopia as an option. Maybe this

@Someone I was told my guess of a 1984 game was too recent. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm… But but I can’t remember any famous Japanese strategy game between that and the Total War series… :thinking:

Sorry Frenzie, I use the OpenDNS filters and your link is blocked as Proxy/Anonymizer

The link goes to “Sea Battle” for the Intellivision.

1 Like

Nope. :frowning_face: It’s probably the longest living concept in strategy games…

1 Like

But it’s not Battle Chess 2: Chinese Chess? It’s a “real” strategy game?

1 Like

Yeeeeees. Ok guys, I’m going to stop here with hints. I’ll publish the title tomorrow (if not solved) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Age of Empires III - but the interface doesn’t fit… I have to take a break. :slight_smile:

1 Like

AoE II had some kind of far East expansion iirc but I thought AoE III was about America.

Here’s a quickie that should be simple within the context. :stuck_out_tongue:

:sunrise::crossed_swords::cd:

Congrats, Sherlock!

Why the PC?
It was Links386, indeed. Weird name for a very good golf game

2 Likes

We’ve definitely reached the limits of my knowledge, but Internet search and Wikipedia have graciously provided me with a game called Nobunaga’s Ambition.

Huh, actually that has a vaguely familiar ring to it. Are the minimum system requirements part of the name? :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I read about how it related to Microsoft Golf or something like that. I actually haven’t played any golf games except for Wii Sports though.

Yes, indeed. AFAIR it worked only a 386 processor (and thus a high-end CPU at that time).

1 Like

1983 Japanese version

Amiga Version

1 Like

Never heard of it.

1 Like