Do you have a favorite sci-fi movie or TV series? šŸ‘½

Great Song! And popular title:

1 Like

I also liked Crazy Diamond. Maybe because I liked the music (Robyn Hitchcock covering Syd Barrett), but the ending was a bit of a surprise. You always know there will be some kind of twist with PKD and at least it didnā€™t go exactly the way I thought it would.

I found the setting interesting. Any idea if those buildings actual stand somewhere?

Not sureā€¦ but it looked like it was supposed to be California to me.

***I watched The Commuter last night. It was good, albeit a tad too dismal and I wasnā€™t sure what the moral was supposed to be, if there was one. I think, again, Iā€™ve been watching so much Black Mirror and Inside Number 9 which unfortunately surpass in terms of storylines. Sorry, Phil.

I wanted to watch Safe and Sound but itā€™s seemingly not on Sky Box Sets nor Amazon Prime in the UK.

I thought it was about mourning lost opportunities and longing for things you cannot change an idolising imagined alternatives all to no avail.

Oh thatĀ“s a bummer.

Well letĀ“s see what I watch next when IĀ“m done with HBO Tales From The Crypt on Amazon Prime. Might as well be black mirror now that IĀ“m on an anthology roll.

So were we meant to think he wished not to have had his son? I found that a bit hard to believe, but I guess deep down he did feel like that.

Well I wouldnā€™t want to influence you. Black Mirror. There are plenty of other things to watch. Black Mirror. I feel a bit like Iā€™ve hyped it up now.

I thought that might have been the primary conflict yes. That was the part that in a way reminded me of JacobĀ“s Ladder a bit, even though that was a bit more understandable.

Not only you, I get it recommended left and right. Other problem is having freshly watched the entire Twilight Zone which makes me harder to impress. You wouldnĀ“t believe how many things one thought was new and original has been done before 50 years earlier.

I can imagine. Though Black Mirror tends to have a very modern focus - I guess the ideas might follow older ā€˜templatesā€™ but applied to newer concepts like social media, etc. It really had me questioning the way I use modern technology. Black Mirror is a very apt name for it.

Are you going to watch them in order?

I would think so. I know thereĀ“s some tiny references between certain episodes. I like that there is so few per season (between 3 and 6 I believe) which is a very british television thing. Though they tend to vary greatly in lenght up to 90 minutes I see.

LetĀ“s see at least season 1 I might be able to see in one sitting.

1 Like

It occurred to me recently that a concept in one of the Black Mirror episodes is uncannily represented in this here forum. Itā€™s from series 4 ā€“ Iā€™m logging it so I donā€™t forget :wink:

Not much longer, promised! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh, ItĀ“s by that guy who did this doc?

I liked that one! And @RonGilbert is briefly in it, too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I didnā€™t know heā€™d done that. Heā€™s quite a well-known satirist over here.

1 Like

PS the first episode of Black Mirror is a bitā€¦ erā€¦ Just donā€™t assume thatā€™s the tone of the whole series.

Sorry, Iā€™m doing that annoying thing of pre-empting something before someoneā€™s watched it. I just had to say that!

Oneā€¦moreā€¦bloodyā€¦hourā€¦!

:grin:

1 Like

Pausing the first episode after 5 minutes to say:

So this is basically the David Cameron lifestory, yes?

Sorry, IĀ“ll keep on watching just wanted to get that one out. :laughing:

Yeah, yeah, glad you got that out of your system. Now get back to watching it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just realised that episode is from 2011 that was like 5 years before anyone even knew about that, is Charlie Brooker a clairvoyant or something? :astonished:

Anyway on to episode 2 nowā€¦