Do you want a Thimbleweed Park 2?

I dreamt tonight that Thimbleweed Park 2 was announced, and that we were discussing wether it would be in 3D like the Techno Babylon sequel.

7 Likes

In all honesty I’d like to see another game in the same genre (P&C, mystery-ish, video-game self-referential), though I believe there’s nothing really to gain by reusing any of the characters or setting.

Like Delores going to work for a gamedev might have some potential as another game in the exact same genre, but the story is pretty much bookend’d.

The setting can’t be reused for obvious reasons. Angela and Antonio don’t really have a basis to revisit TWP, let alone work together again since their ulterior motives for even being there would never have brought them together otherwise.

Everyone else is specific to TWP that you can’t really make another game with them.

That said, I would like to see another game “like TWP”, it doesn’t have to be TWP2. It could be a game that pokes fun at the lack of “space” adventure games and the many ways death can be avoided poke at space quest, or we could have a P&C game in a genre that hasn’t had a good adventure game genre.

Whatever Ron decides to do, I’m going to throw money at it, as TWP has proven to be pretty good and had a reasonable development schedule.

4 Likes

Well, they could be “forced” to get back. If you consider the ending, everybody could be “set back” to TWP so that they have to work together to escape TWP again.

2 Likes

Like Delores going to work for a gamedev might have some potential as another game in the exact same genre

A spin-off game with Delores sounds like a great idea!

2 Likes

The natural sequel of Thimbleweed Park should take place in The upper world

3 Likes

More likely in the lower world. A text adventure game doesn’t need an expensive funding.

2 Likes

I want them to come back and reveal it wasn’t a simulation after all :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I was little we had this show called ReBoot.

The characters just live in the computer and sometimes they’re bothered by a game cube dropping down on them.

That’s a game cube, not a GameCube. Although come to think of it, it’s also purple…

2 Likes

I rewatched a great episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation last night, where the Enterprise is caught in an infinite time loop in which it is ultimately destroyed in a collision with another ship. The crew begins to get a feeling of deja vu, which allows them to gradually find a way to break the loop and avoid said collision.

Thought this might be a cool concept for a sequel, with the loop beginning with the discovery of the dead body, and recurs when they end the simulation. Each of the characters could begin to get this feeling of deja vu, allowing the chance for new puzzle trees and a different direction for the story.

4 Likes

I think you just had the perfect idea for another TWP DLC! :slight_smile:

Replay the game, but all the player characters have deja vus and memories of what happened in the reboots before, so you must find a way to escape.

Ron & co. could even reuse most of the assets. The new story obviously needs new dialogs, and probably a few additional locations and new items, but a lot of the existing stuff could be reused I guess.

1 Like

You might want to give Oxenfree a go. :wink:

I think one TWP was enough… it did all what has been expected.

2 Likes

Yes… When the ending reveal the whole world was imaginary, the build-up from there would be a massive task. I think the endings of both TWP and MI2 are definitive endings with no point to continue. Although I have to say the sparky eyes of LeChuck was a weird touch to this end.

2 Likes

Yeah, all thoughts and ideas aside, I wouldn’t like the idea of a second TWP.

I trust Ron to create a fresh new world to live in and fall in love with :slight_smile:

I su-a-reeno want a sequel.That fixes or ignores the ending of the first game :stuck_out_tongue:

And maybe, forget, what had happened to them back in TWP1 so maybe Delores’d be like “GUYS you have to remember what happened! This is not real!” bla-bla-bla. Anyway yeah…

2 Likes

I smell major spoilers over here… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, after reading Ron’s blog post, I’m not sure if we will see another game from him … :wink:

3 Likes

Damn you Blizzard! :smile:

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh wait, it’s a joke.

3 Likes