Do you want a Thimbleweed Park 2?

I didn’t even check the context before liking this. Love that song!

Me too.

Oh, at the end of the video, Youtube suggests me “Oh baby you’re so adequate”. Do you know that song?

1 Like

:money_mouth_face:

That’s not always true. Everybody agrees the best star wars is the fourth episode…:smirk:

4 Likes

Jokes aside most people like empire better than new hope so you got a point there.

A couple of days ago, at work, some colleagues were explaining to me the details of a plugin they were working on. One said “just to let you know, the big boss says this is the second worst plugin we’ve ever developed”.

They began arguing what the worst was, but deep down I knew that was a Monkey Island reference. One day I’ll get to know the big boss and I’ll ask him.

5 Likes

1 Like

Please move the “please note” ABOVE the poll =S

1 Like

Sorry, you are too late: I can’t edit the first post anymore. Maybe @Calypso can help?

/edit: But you can change your vote at any time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

I don’t know how I’d feel about a sequel…

But…

A Prequel? On Ransome’s career? Culminating with Ransome doing a bit on Carson???

I WANT IT NOW.

5 Likes

Give me your heart and your soul…

and 10,000 specks of dust :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

This story is not done—it has just started!

When thinking about the philosophy behind TWP, this leads to interesting philosophically problems and questions. These problems and questions are the basis how to continue the story.

2 Likes

My favourite adventure game of all time is Grim Fandango, and part of it’s enduring charm is that it’s one of a kind and unique. Thimbleweed Park falls in this category. I think one benefit of the game’s ending (which unfairly gets a hard time imo) is that it prevents a sequel ever really happening.

Yet I’d love them to continue in a similar vein to what they did with TWP and create a new game within the Maniac Mansion universe

3 Likes

To be honest, I really had a hard time answering. It’s neither. Why?
Yes, I’d want a sequel, prequel, spin-off
No, I want a Ron Gilbert game…
So I therefore conclude that I was confused with this poll Lol!
I don’t even know if my answer is relevant! (I hope it is, though!) <3

2 Likes

Some people want one for good reasons :). I imagine a sequel or prequel would be possible, but it would take something from the unique charm of the game. It stands too well on its own to be added to. A new game set within the same universe would be a fair compromise.

But I think we all agree that we want a new Ron Gilbert game, as soon as possible!

2 Likes

If I were part of the scriptwriters of a possible sequel, it would be like Agent Reyes, Delores, another character would find a way to stand up for their right and not be manipulated by <insert possible enemy of the story and live a free life… Something to that tone. I’ve thought of it just now.

So yeah it can happen! Either or.

As for another Ron Gilbert Game, I’ve read here that he’s brewing something so I will pray the rosary for that lol <3

3 Likes

I would like to see something like this too! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thimbleweed Park was a loveletter to the classic point/click adventures that Lucasarts churned out with pin-point precision time and again, it made us smile, it made us remember why they were great and why we enjoyed them. If a fanbase who didn’t work on Day Of The Tentacle can do the same with DOTT, I’m sure the actual creators of Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, et al. Can do the same with their own creation.

3 Likes