Favourite theme songs from our childhood TV shows

“Magundeja” or whatever the mole used to say. I think it was “magundeja”…

I think that was from Czechoslovakia.

My sound just broke for some reason but I assume these will work:

2 Likes

Cite: “(in the Czech original called Krtek, or, for little mole, Krteček) is an animated character in a series of cartoons, created by Czech animator Zdeněk Miler.”

In Germany it was (and is) part of “Die Sendung mit der Maus” (=“The TV show with the mouse”).

1 Like

Ahahah I’ve never seen it!
It’s earwormy! :joy:

And Dommel:

3 Likes

Wait, have you never seen the original Calimero ad either?

Yes, they work. Herman van Veen had written a German version for us. :slight_smile:

We had that TV show too… but I haven’t watched it (maybe because I’m too old?)…

This is the intro of David Gnomo in Italy, the music is very… Irish:

3 Likes

Btw, both of those are Dutch. If David el Gnomo is Spanish then Ahiru no Kwak is Japanese. :stuck_out_tongue: (Although it may be that David the Gnome was a looser adaptation with less Dutch control of the process?)

I’ve seen it, as well as the English adaptation.

Never heard of it so I just checked it out and it seems the show is as old as you are and was on long enough for you to have seen it very early on. :slight_smile:

Really? That´s nice! I haven´t seen the show in years but it seems Shaun the Sheep is on there very often. And Kaptn Blaubär (RIP Wolfgang Völz) hasn´t been on there for years.

2 Likes

I can’t find out much about it, but I think it probably was.

1 Like

Yes, I was referring to the German intro.

Sometimes it´s difficult to tell, with these co productions.

What is Maya The Bee? Japanese? Czech? German?

Oh, I see. :slight_smile: I know it in many languages. I watched it in Dutch when I was really little, in German when I was still little, and sought out the French and Italian versions as an adult.

1 Like

Of particular relevance is this Italian original:

2 Likes

I also saw lots of Tintin adaptations, most of those were I think from the 60s. But I distinctly remember one that must have been a multipart TV thing, because it had several episodes I watched regulary and was an adaption from the comic where they fly to the moon on a red and white rocketship and stay there for a while.

I’ve seen the show in the last years only by accident. :slight_smile: But the Mole was part of the show at least until 2017. Beside that the mole was still part of the WDR mascots. But AFAIK it was aired (like Käptn Blaubär) on KiKa as it’s own show. :slight_smile:

The Tintin cartoon I watched as a child was contemporary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin_(TV_series)

But yeah, I think there was a Belgian cartoon from the '60s or '70s as well. I’ve never seen that.

I thought it was Dutch.
Maya the bee, eheh… another earworm intro.
I think every Italian born before 1985 knows it:

1 Like