FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

I will root for JAPAN. That’s my final answer.

1 Like

Isnt it like one more week still?

bedknobs-and-broomsticks-bedknobs-and-broomsticks

4 Likes

Well those on the right side are clearly argentinians.

I’m currently watching my personal derby, :switzerland: vs :jp:. They’re even playing 2km from my house :smiley:

2 Likes

Or Uruguayans…

That´s their flag colour but I don´t think they wear it like they do in argentina.

They got some good players, Kagawa, etc.

I also like South Korea, they have Ki… also they have like ten players called Kim.

That makes Italians giggle since it roughly looks like the verb “he took a shit”.

1 Like

JEEBUS, WHAT BLOODY DOESN’T?

I’m not sure what they are going to play but there are a lot of balls involved!

2 Likes

Maybe this was early dodgeball!

1 Like

And everyone has their own ball!

[Edit] (Oh, remark has been made… ah well)

1 Like

My coworkers were flabbergasted that I didn’t know the Netherlands weren’t playing. But they forgave me when I said I only root for Belgium (and secondarily Korea) anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS I can’t collectively watch Belgium – Panama 'cause I have prior engagements.

Panamaaaa Panama-ah-ah :musical_note:

1 Like

Panama’s goalkeeper, Jaime Penedo, was for six months in 2004 part of Cagliari, my hometown’s team. He was never even on the bench. We still wonder what the hell happened. That was a time when Cagliari made lots of shady agreements with Central and South America. I still remember most of those names that were announced and then sold again after six months without a single bench appearance.

1 Like

I’ve changed my mind.
I will root for MEXICO! Look who plays in that team: :reyes:

9 Likes

At work we’re doing a sweepstake for the World Cup, where we each pick a country name from a hat.

I have Morocco… not sure what my chances are :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve learned a synonym for lottery. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Russia vs Saudi Arabia. Gas vs Oil. Oligarchs vs Sheiks. Which totalitary system that loves to collude with the USA will win this battle? Are the cards on the table yet? What am I even saying here, what have cards to do with Football? Except the Panini collections of course.

So what do you think?

2 Likes