For those who've completed the game, what was the hardest puzzle?

Ok, don’t laugh, but the thing that had me stumped the most was having to click on the page from the joke book while jumping. That took me hours to figure out (doing other stuff in the mean time, of course). I kept thinking Ransome would grab it automatically when he was in range and it didn’t occur to me to click on it, so I was looking for something else I might have missed.

Ever assembled some electronics with a button? :smiley:

The manual factory…i was going crazy trying to figure out how to get the door open…xD

That was the only puzzle I couldn’t solve. And it was the fact that zapping the door didn’t have any comment like “hmmm that might have worked” or some cliking sound indicating the door was open. When a friend told me the solution I couldn’t believe it, I had tried that and didn’t work (well it did, I just didn’t try to open the door fom the outside). On second thought it was logical, that mechanisms to open the door use electricity :smiley:

1 Like
  1. raditaion footprints
    I tried to follow the guys but it did not help much.
  2. zapping the lock.
    I was going crazy saying there’s a sick person in there. especially Dolores’ father since he’s a ghost, I wanted to peek inside.

When you zap the door lock, the little light turns green for a brief moment. That indicated to me that it got unlocked.

Also, when I zapped something non-electronic, :franklin: made a comment like “that doesn’t use electricity…”; which suggested to me that anything electric was game – including electronic card-reading locks. :slight_smile:

For me the hardest puzzle indeed was finding the secret bunker… Simply because after getting the Thimbleberries, I did not see a need to come back to the forest. I had tried once to go back there, went through the different screens, and realized that I would not see the Thimbleberry bush again, and then thought the forest was done with; saw no people passing by while doing thst. So I didn’t get the chance to even realize there were people passing through the initial screen to delve into the woods.

I remember in Monkey Island you started seeing other people on the map going places. Something like that would have been helpful to actually realize there is something there to check out.

Another thing is that it might have made sense to have the conspirators actually walk there from their respective home places. E.g. once I saw that people would pass there, the first one I saw was George the Mailman. When I could not follow him, I went to the Post Office - and there he was. Would have been more obvious if he every once in a while would actually leave the office, walk to main street, to the Quickie Pal, to the Vista, then to the forest. I understand, however, that that would take a lot of scripting…

1 Like

Not being able to follow them in the forest frustrated me too.

After your comment I checked back, I didn’t remember a green light and … well there are no lights inside the room, which is where I was when I tried that, I followed the guy, and after locating the room I used :franklin: to go inside since he was the ghost, there I saw the tools so I thought I had to use something to avoid the door locking after the guy leaves the room, I tried the tape (using the tape on the latch bolt may allow the door to seem to close leaving it open) and some other things. Since none of those worked I used the ghost from the inside but since there were no lights there when I zapped the door nothing indicated it worked :worried:

I’m sure they would have allowed to follow them for a while if they had more time.

When you zap the door from outside the light on the door handle turns green for a short while.

Now I know that. But there is no indicator if you’re inside. And if you can’t open the door from the inside (well it was open, I just didn’t realize that) there’s no logical way to think that it will work from the outside (electricity should work both sides, the lock is one piece) thus you won’t see the light.

This is the path that I followed to solve that puzzle: I wanted to open the door and I thought that the electronic lock could have been opened by Franklin. I also knew that every door had a red/green led on the outside, that tells if the lock is open or closed. Franklin was inside the room, so I zapped the lock from the inside, just like you did. I then checked if the green led on the outside had become lit. It was green and that told me that zapping the lock did work and that the door was open.

People cannot hear him. But Franklin can manipulate electricity a little bit and that’s why he can “moan” over a telephone!

1 Like

That’s what you get having game designers create a game who doesn’t know computers!!1

…what made you think Chuck was pressing it all the time? Or once.

Ha! I tried getting Chuck’s fingerprint from the very glass of the fingerprint scanner in the safe of the workshop.

Seems like I was always trying things that would work in real life

He was talking about MI1 :slight_smile:
Part 2 - The Journey

1 Like

He designed and build it, right?

Usually you test the buttons at some point when you include them in your project.

No, he did not.

It’s Philipp’s Dangerous Dövice, not Chuck’s, so I would expect to find Philipp’s fingerprint there.

1 Like