Free game of the day

Again, we already own it! :wink:

The only thing I was really saying is that I don’t really recommend Alan Wake('s American Nightmare).

No I don’t think so :exploding_head:

Where were they? Just randomly in levels? I don’t remember that…

It was indeed from one of the older bundles btw.

@milanfahrnholz Fyi, I just got a total jump scare in this Limbo game.

Edit: and I’m stuck at a pond. >_>

Anyway, it reminds me of Alan Wake. Similar atmosphere.

Oh, yes- there are jump scares… just no cheap ones. Also it takes usually a few seconds/minutes/hours for that uncomfortable feeling to fade away.

Mmm… screenshot? perhaps I can give a hint.

Yeah, each time you pick one up, you’ll see this score light up for a few seconds… 1/7, 2/7 or something. I got 6/7 and had to use a guide to find the 7th (basically find all 7again as I didn’t remember which one I might have missed.) plus to find the entrance to the secret part. It is pretty well hidden for normal mortal players - only @tasse-tee could be thorough enough to find all that on her own.

Oh, and if you want a thougher challenge than the Sonic speedrun ones… there is an achievement to complete the game with dying less than 10 times or so. Or 15 I don’t remember. Doesn’t matter either ‘cause you’ll die at least 100 or 1000 times before you reach the end.

Man I love Limbo!

2 Likes

Right near the beginning. (Also, while the game purports to support controllers in the “controls” menu I had to antimicro map my controller.)

Challenge accepted :wink:

2 Likes

Ah yes! This is a tough one. I remember that. Is there a tree to the left? Or some other object that could help you cross that incredibly wide leap of drowning substance?
(Perhaps we should split this thread in a “let’s play Limbo”?)

Also… I don’t remember any jump scares up to this point… but I might have to replay as I could be misremembering the order of things.

1 Like

Yes, I already climbed on a rope there using the crate previously but it looked like a dead end.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that but didn’t realise what it meant. I don’t think I finished the game right to the end, come to think of it…

Can you push the crate further so it floats?

Due to the game’s terrible controls I simply hadn’t realized you could in fact swing the rope like in most games with ropes.

There is a vaguely interesting reversed gravity puzzle now.

I’m mostly playing based on sunk cost fallacy by this point, coupled with having experienced one or two promising physics puzzles that were better than the preceding slog, plus a not entirely uninteresting forced walking on a conveyor belt puzzle.

The first hour or so of the essentially bad game carries it on atmosphere alone, which is quite an achievement.

I’ll write down my final thoughts once I presumably reach that mulling woman my character probably wants to impale and devour or some such.

Did you even read what the game is about? Not that it gives a lot of backstory…
“Uncertain of his sister’s fate, a boy enters LIMBO…”
That’s it. No more background story…not in words at least.

You wouldn’t like Game Theory, I guess. :wink:

I might be reading between the lines here, but I think perhaps Frenzie isn’t a fan so far :wink:

2 Likes

Don´t ask me, my tools broke long ago!

grafik

2 Likes

Indeed I’m not, but note the other topic. :wink:

2 Likes

Is that a course where they suck all the fun out of a game by overanalysing, similar to literature courses?
:wink:

3 Likes

Something like that. ^_^

3 Likes

I liked that, and then I thought, oi!

2 Likes

Oi, as in “oi that’s what this forum is all about”? :smile:

3 Likes