Free game of the day

I never liked it all that much, although it definitely brought some cool innovations to the table.

• AVAILABLE -

• THE FAN GAME -
  • THE GOONIES -

DOWNLOAD
https://www.deviantart.com/spadoni-production/art/The-Fan-Game-The-Goonies-845136692

Plot:

Facing foreclosure of their homes in the Goon Docks area of Astoria, Oregon to an expanding country club, a group of children who call themselves “the Goonies” gather for a final weekend together. The Goonies include optimist Mikey Walsh, his older brother Brandon, the inventive Data, the talkative Mouth, and the overweight klutz Chunk.

Rummaging through the Walshes’ attic, they come across a 1632 doubloon and an old treasure map purporting to lead to the famous pirate “One-Eyed” Willy’s hoard located somewhere nearby, whom Mikey considers being the original “Goonie”.

A Daniele Spadoni Production

The following game is a NON PROFIT Fan Game producer for entertainment purpose only.
All Characters, all related marks, logos and associated names and reference are copyright and trademark of their respective holders. This Fan Production is not open to commercial ADS. It is not intended for sales of any sort. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. The content of this Fan Game could not be sold, rented or used for any commercial enterprise in any way, shape or form. There is no financial gain made from it.

6 Likes

A recently released collection of old (and more recent) arcade fighting games that had ports to various consoles since the early 90s.

(Also for 1 week, you can get ark: survival evolved there… but that looks rather “meh”)

1 Like

Hitman Absolution is free on GOG right now… It’s a cool game

5 Likes

Thanks, I got it right away!

2 Likes

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_one

22 hours to get some old school D&D (well, there is even more old-skool!)

4 Likes

Pathway is free on the Epic Games Store. I have no idea what this game is, but I liked the pixel art, and it’s free, so…

4 Likes

Hue is free on the Epic Games Store.
4 Likes

“Today” only… still a few hours left (about 16 of them):

1 Like

Heh, saved me some money (a few years down the line).

steam_F7yfYENGiT

The screenshot doesn’t show Shogun: Total War, the first and perhaps my favorite. Also I couldn’t really get into Rome II, never tried Shogun 2 yet, and I haven’t tried Attila either… I quite liked Empire and Napoleon though, in spite of their flaws.

1 Like

Because I have it on CD-ROM of course. Forgot to say that. :wink:

1 Like

Based on characters created by
David Fox & Matthew Alan Kane

• The Fan Game - Zak McKracken : A Mansion, a Meteor and the Alien Mindbenders

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.deviantart.com/spadoni-production/art/Zak-A-Mansion-a-Meteor-and-the-Alien-Mindbenders-854424078

Plot:
A few years after the events of Zak, he is rich. He owns The National Inquisitor and enjoys his work.
But a new Caponian menace is arriving… this time, Zak will need to go back and forth through space AND time!

F7 - Restore game
F5 - Save game
F9 - Quit game

There will be a game inside the game. A tough game! If you feel you can’t succeed, there is a cheat code. Press F11 to enter the code and win the game. Hint: the cheat code is the most famous word in Zak McKracken game.

The following game is a NON PROFIT Fan Game producer for entertainment purpose only.
All Characters, all related marks, logos and associated names and reference are copyright and trademark of their respective holders. This Fan Production is not open to commercial ADS. It is not intended for sales of any sort. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. The content of this Fan Game could not be sold, rented or used for any commercial enterprise in any way, shape or form. There is no financial gain made from it.

3 Likes

AVAILABLE NOW !!!

Download: https://www.deviantart.com/spadoni-production/art/Ghostbusters-and-the-Secret-of-Monkey-Island-857177193

Trailer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xt9RbiOu_zpjzDcHz9O-Mb8Nd_4oPUpm/view?usp=sharing

Celebrating 30 years of the Secret of Monkey Island

Daniele Spadoni Presents:

The Fan Game : Ghostbusters and the Secret of Monkey Island

Based on characters of Lucasfilm Games “Monkey Island” created by Ron Gilbert and Columbia Pictures movie “Ghostbusters”

Plot:

The Ghostbusters, continuing their routine of paranormal investigation and elimination, are in trouble when an incident occurs in the laboratory with the trans dimensional portal created by doctors Spengler and Stantz to transfer the ghosts directly to the netherworld. The portal, which resonated with a place in the heart of the Caribbean in a remote time, allows the ghost of the pirate LeChuck to cross the passage and capture the unsuspecting secretary Janine Melnitz. Ray, with proton pack on the shoulders and technical equipment, ventures beyond the gateway to a world infested by ghost pirates to save Janine while Egon tries to stabilize the portal to bring them back. Will they be able to save Janine and capture the evil Pirate LeChuck?

Cross the sword… don’t cross the streams!

Starring : Simone scopa
Special thanks to Wayne E. Pedersen (Voice Actor- Narrator)

F7 - Restore game
F5 - Save game
F9 - Quit game

4 Likes

Blair Witch and Ghostbusters are free this week on epic!
:ghost:

3 Likes

Some day I’ll play all these games I’m gathering :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Based on characters created by Masami Kurumada

The Fan Game : Saint Seiya - Galaxian Wars -

When the world is stained with evil.
The warriors of hope appear.
The Saints!
A long time ago a group of brave young men protected the goddess Athena.
They were called Athena’s Saints.
They used their bodies as weapons their fists were powerful enough to open the skies and their feet would crack open the ground below.
And today…history repeats itself…

Download: https://www.deviantart.com/spadoni-production/art/The-Fan-Game-Saint-Seiya-Galaxian-Wars-862011718
Site: https://danielespadoni82.blogspot.com/

PIXEL ARTIST
Davide Spadoni

SPRITES:
Arsene Lupin , Tecla2000 , Zahoriglez , David Bazar , Tonos , Vegeth1985 , SeiyaDivin , Cheitta , Tux , FTB , Squall , Betelgeuse , Pardo , Alexcop , Delfino , Mey_Z , TonyADV , Tallon , Shunchain , Pionshin , Yougngaz , Rojo , Kagaho , Lord Krauser.

F7 - Restore game
F5 - Save game
F9 - Quit game

1 Like

A splendid job!!
I report what the author writes:

RETRO
-angle-
presents

ZAK - repixeled V0.2.1
Forum: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=57648.0

This is a repixeled version of the game’s beginnig of Zak McKracken. It includes the intro and the first couple of rooms in San Francisco in redone retro pixel graphic.
It’s made with love and with respect for the beloved point and click classic.

Zak McKracken was the first adventure game I’ve ever played.
I was facinated by the freedom of possibilities to interact with the environment - even if this leads to a lot of dead ends.

Around four years ago, I ended up with a sprite of Zak in a C64-esque palette. Shortly after, the first room was done also.
I implemented all this into an AGS project and added more and more stuff.
For about one year there was no progress and now I’ve decided to just release what I’ve got so far.

You can watch the intro and play the San Francisco part - without the 14th Avenue and the shop, but apart from that with all the interactions from the original game.
If you find something I’ve missed, please let me know.

This is a freeware fangame. The original game was released by Lucasfilm Games in 1988 and can be purchased on gog.com or steam.

Enjoy as much, as I did during production.

Update November 2020:
Version 0.2.1 is now online.
Unfortunately, once again it’s not a complete remake, but now you can play the 14th Avenue including Lou’s Loans.
Also there are some bugs fixed and a death scene is added.

@David @ZakPhoenixMcKracken @ZakMcKracken

5 Likes

Even if I appreciate every work of art, this time I’m perplexed.
Zak was already born in pixelated version con C64, I don’t understand this version :smiley:
Anyway, since it’s a project made with heart, respect. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

But it used 3D rooms and not “flat” graphics. :wink:

1 Like

Or as mentioned on the back of the box: Stunning 3D environments!

3 Likes