Free game of the day

It gets worse. I turned off my computer and when I told it to resume it seems to have started from scratch. O.o

The game is becoming ever more tedious to launch. It requires a Rockstar Social account. I just made one last month to play LA Noire, which I never really did because of some tedious issue, but that aside.

Long story short, now it claims my account does not exist. :japanese_goblin: The account which I created and used only last month.

So far I’m really glad I didn’t spend any money on this.

Edit: decided to make a new account, claims the email address I used is “invalid.” @#$@# idiots who don’t know valid email addresses.

Edit 2: @ZakPhoenixMcKracken I give up, the Rockstar Games Launcher is insufferable. How did you ever get past it?

I finished to download the game last night. I tried to make the Rockstar Social account, but there were strange server problems (account invalid, unable to get credentials…)
So, I turned my computer off and went to sleep.
This morning, I tried again to make the Rockstar Social account, and this time I succeeded. I even used my XBOX pre-existent account (it recognized it through the same email address).
The game works fine, and I can access the full GTA ONLINE world: you can make races and missions live, together with real people!

1 Like

@ZakPhoenixMcKracken You seem really excited abt GTA V!

1 Like

WTBeep?

Also if I just want to play a game in single player / offline mode?

2 Likes

You only need to connect successfully once.
After that, you can decide to play offline.

I see what you did there

4 Likes

I think the last time I’ve played with real people online was more than 5 years ago. I’m resuming my download, I’m looking forward to play with some of you here.

2 Likes

I already did that last month, so not quite. :stuck_out_tongue:

The worst part is that they have some horrible captcha nonsense (select the cars, the buses, the sidewalks the GET OUT OF HERE ALREADY) and it repeats when it randomly decides your account/password/who knows what is invalid.

Yeah, that was really annoying.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: The GTA V thread

@Calypso if you want to clean up, I’ve created a dedicated thread for GTA V:
https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com/t/the-gta-v-thread

You may want to move some posts from here to there :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

It is somehow sad for the games market that a 6-years-old title worth €60 is given away for free. But, still.

3 Likes

No worries, you can still pay €80 for the extensions :slight_smile:.

In fact, in this particular case I assume it’s a brilliant marketing move that coincides with the release of their latest overpriced DLC.

1 Like

Having taken a quick look around, I think €15-20 is more realistic than €60. (Unless you want it on Epic specifically perhaps.)

And yeah, a lot of these kinds of giveaways or near-giveaways are for the base game when there’s a DLC, or for the predecessor when there’s a sequel, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, I was referring to the list price.

1 Like

Italian singer Al Bano has been mocked on the web since, one week ago, stated “humans defeated dinosaurs once, will defeat coronavirus eventually”.

Well, this guy brought the concept of “meme” onto a whole new level:

http://shuttlestudio.it/giochi/albanovsdinos/

7 Likes

Haha, this guy and Italo Disco was popular in Poland when I was a kid (an presumably before that). I didn’t hear that name for years and now I see him in a computer game!

1 Like

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack is free for the next 47.75 hours on GOG!

Also note that the producer of this game is getting every penny of this sale!

2 Likes

Still one day to get your claws on
https://www.gog.com/game/total_anihilation_commander_pack
(An RTS game that lists Ron Gilbert as producer)

4 Likes