Funny things you can do and weird stuff

Try to use the radioactive waste on the maneating plant. :smiley:

1 Like

I remembered this one: you can give the HaoLinKinYao tea to each of the playable characters (minus Franklin) to listen them speaking other languages in an awful way. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Also donā€™t forget to do the same with Ericā€™s Eye Magic special drops!

Itā€™s fun to have a game where you can actually once a week (or maybe once a day for someone :slight_smile:) step in the library or have a phone call to a random number and reading/hearing fun stuff from people around the world (for what Iā€™ve listened now italian guys lack a bit of creativity, lol).
It wasnā€™t possible to do this in the Venice library back in the 80ā€™s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is something fun. :slight_smile:

I realized that a non-Franklin playable character can enter the room of the hotel guest that Franklin has to scare. Franklin can just open the door so that the other character can enter the room.

This scenario should be something that most players shouldnā€™t experience, because at this point of the story the player does not need to open locked hotel doors to proceed and probably has not yet realized that Franklin has this ability.

So I was curious to see what happens when a living character enters the guest room and what happens is simply that the guest gets angry and tells the intruder to go away. The character automatically apologizes and exists the room. :smiley:

EDIT: both Reyes and Ray are quite apologetic when the guest gets angry. I wonder if Ransome reacts in a different way. I have to try it.

10 Likes

Well, I tested it. Ransome acts exactly in the same way as Ray and Reyes. A bit out of character, in my opinion.

Yep, I tried it too. Would have been nice to have individual responses to the hotel guest and Sexy Riker, especially from Ransome.

Something else I did during this session was measuring the time the elevator takes :slight_smile:

Yes, the game provides a lot of character-specific dialogues and reactions, so when you find a context in which all characters behave in the same way, it sounds a bit unnatural.

Thatā€™s more true for Ransome, because he was used a lot to convey comedy (and harshness), so any gentle or timid response doesnā€™t feel like the real Ransome.

Iā€™m nit-picking, here: character-specific responses were the majority. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know if it has been fixed, but you could ā€œbreakā€ the elevator and make it go to floor -1 by calling it repeatedly with two characters. You call it on the 12th floor and while it goes up, before it reaches the floor, you call it from the ground floor with another character. You repeat this ping-pong for a while and then you let the elevator reach the ground floorā€¦ but the character refuses to go in because ā€œthe doors are closedā€. If you call the elevator again, you can hear a ā€œpingā€ that shows how the elevator DID move a floor up, and then the doors open again.

Hereā€™s a video of the glitch.

3 Likes

How did you find the book? After I read the note even with Delores, I cannot use the IndexTron to find it.
Just brute force?

I did not, and IĀ“m still waiting for someone to tell me whatĀ“s in it.

ItĀ“s not in the indextron but my guess would be that it is in the programming category where you found the Mmucus Flem book in Delores flashback.

But doesnĀ“t the note give a hint on the category anyway? I forgot how the note went.

I found it (I think). Its in section 2.1. At least it sounds like the right one, and has the right author.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s called AI Personality Generation in section 2.1

Not really, it just says: ā€œFor more hidden Jenn-surprises, find an excerpt of my AI Masters Thesis in the library.ā€.
You have to really search for it but the section is relatively easy to narrow down.

I think itā€™s quite easy to find. When I read ā€œAIā€ I instinctively went to the computer science shelf and the ā€œAIā€ in the title helped me to find it quickly.

Oh, I think I might even stumbled across that one by accident that title sounds very familliar. And yes the section is pretty obvious, the rest is pixelhunting.

Letā€™s talk about cool musical instruments.

A synth? Naah.

A kazoo? Nice, already seen in Zak McKracken.

A Theremin? Interesting, already seen in Thimbleweed Park.

Soā€¦ which is the coolest musical instrument at the moment?

OTAMATONE !! (read it letter by letter, in italian / japanese style)

4 Likes

Hey, no off-topics, @ZakPhoenixMcKracken!
Unless there is one of these otomatones to be found in TWP!

If so, I bet it would be spelled like
Tomato-o-Tone
Automat-o-Tone

:thinking: there is no a Hunk-o-Matic in the Mansion Mansion (there is one in Maniac Mansion), so it might be a Tone-o-Matic.
Tune-o-Matic?

USE tunahead on Tune-o-Matic.

(Yes, I know)

3 Likes

Someone in TWP made an Otomatube-a Iā€™m sure. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It sounds like a theremin, soā€¦ off-topic avoided :smiley:

1 Like

It sounds like a cross between a theremin and an electric violin.
Willie T. Wino would love it!

I need to get my hands on one of those.

4 Likes